More ticks than ever

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

capers123

More ticks than ever

Post by capers123 »

Speaking to an admissions officer today, I was told that more parents than previous years had ticked to have scores from tests taken at other schools shared with her school. Hence a child who would have ranked - say - 120 last year will be lower down the list this year. I didn't ask for numbers and wasn't told them.

Pretty much as we have all suspected, but nice to have it confirmed.
Capers
BJOD

Re: More ticks than ever

Post by BJOD »

Yet still the cohort sizes (eg STRS) seem to be down on last year and the year before ... or am I missing something?
capers123

Post by capers123 »

It's not that more children have taken the test - maybe the opposite - but each school has more children to rank.
Capers
BJOD

Post by BJOD »

Capers, thanks for the reply. As you may have guessed we're in the Twilight zone with a 220 from STRS and 117.5 from Crypt. STRS is our DS's preference and logistically STRS suits us best (we're Foresters!) so I think our choices take care of themselves but it's a horrible place to be! Nails gone, have cramp from crossing every part of our body, and can see we'll all be nervous wrecks by March.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

BJOD when DS2 was sitting last year I was hoping for a score in the 220s. Nothing is certain but with the lower number of passes this year I would be quietly confident in your place.

Also with Crypt improving its scores year on year more parents, than previously, with a choice not dictated by the logistics of travel will opt for it over Tommies. Which is better for all concerned IMHO

Goodluck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now