Pate's Top 120 Places Being Turned Down

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tessiebear

Pate's Top 120 Places Being Turned Down

Post by Tessiebear »

Having been to the Pate's morning yesterday and enjoyed it very much, am feeling v sorry for those on the waiting list who are desperate for a place and are waiting with baited breath. :( I feel very privileged that my DD managed to secure a place in the top 120, as had been dreading that we might fall into this twilight zone.

So wondered if we could start a post specifically for people on the forum to log on and enter if they are in the top 120 and are going to turn down their place. No need to put any reason or say where you are going instead if you don't want to. Wld any who have been lurkers before, but this applies to, also mind posting on this one, you don't have to post anything else if worried about being identified!

Also if anyone knows of anyone who doesn't come on the forum, but in this position would you post to indicate another place available.

I realise there may be the odd bit of duplication, but don't think it will be much and the info would be extremely helpful to those anxiously biting their nails. :shock: As Mr Fenton said the school gets no information, so it is no good asking them and extremely unlikely you will get anything out of LEA before 1 March!!!!!! :roll:

Please would you also mind not adding posts with narratives starting up on any other topics on this list which may start to stray off the initial one, as happened with the "2010 scores and ranks" posting, as it makes it extremely difficult for people to follow the numbers. If you have a comment to make about anything other than just saying if you have a place and are turning it down or know of someone else who doesn't use the forum who is turning their's down, would you please mind starting up a new post to deal with it. :)

It may be useful to those waiting for SHS places to start up a similar post. :D
cheltdad

Re: Pate's Top 120 Places Being Turned Down

Post by cheltdad »

I imagine the majority won't decide until the independants scholarships & bursaries are sorted.
Tessiebear

Post by Tessiebear »

Whilst that is true for some, people have already been putting on here that it is too far for them so will be accepting places at nearer grammars and others have said they have heard of a place at Pate's going to be being turned down so thought it might help if all those were logged together on one post. :)
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Brilliant idea(IMO :wink: )
Seriously,I do think it will be beneficial if anyone hears/decides to let us on the waiting list know.
Any info appreciated.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

As I said...ANY info appreciated!(eh turtleglos?)don't be shy... :)
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

I quite agree muminTewkes :lol: but Im afraid I am not holding my breath. Most people are holding their cards close to their chests. Although I have heard of 2 dcs not taking up the place due to distance it was from different sources and may be the same child.
I have jotted a few things down though if we have to go to appeal(and I promised my ds1 I would if he isnt allocated a place :shock: ) and stay on the wait list. Until March I think we just have to wait it out. It could be worse, we are the lucky ones,we have good schools as our "backup".
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Yes,I agree-as much as we all would like Pate's(something I wasn't sure of till last week if I'm honest)then we are MORE than happy with Tommies-it was,after all,what we set out on this 11+ road to achieve :D
I think we will just have to wait it out too,I'm not holding out much hope either,but,for us,there were no mitigating circumstances and so I don't feel the need to appeal and ds is happy with STRS too.
I hope that it doesn't come to it for you-but if it does then I hope it pays off.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

Thank you. Im hoping it doesnt come to that either :lol: I feel that in light of everything that happened to ds that day,plus the distressing time he was living through,we owe it to him to help(hinder?)him to go to his 1st choice school.
I really hope that we just get in anyway and that we see you there also. :D
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

:D I'm not easy to miss!(or should I say my entourage aren't!?)
If that's what he desperately wants then of course you must,especially under the circumstances.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

My DD will be taking her place at Pates, however I have heard of two other girls (one I know is an absolute definate) that will not in the Stroud area.

Hope that helps some :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now