How do you answer this q's in appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
roll17

How do you answer this q's in appeal

Post by roll17 »

" Well you obviously have a bright child that they will do well whatever school they go to?"

What is the best way to answer this q's. In a way the appeal panel would be right but the judgement they are making is so wrong.

We live in a Town that has been neglected by the county in favour of other Towns who are not on the border of a county that has grammar schools.

Yes I have a bright child but if the schools near us are in special measures surely she deserves better than what the Town has to offer.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ROLL17
r o l l 1 7
Etienne

Re: How do you answer this q's in appeal

Post by Etienne »

I hope you would never be asked that unfair question, roll17.

The panel should be considering your (positive) reasons for seeking a place at the school you're appealing for.

If necessary, I would suggest turning the conversation in the direction you want: "We haven't come here to criticise any alternative school. We'd just like to focus on school X because we think it would best meet our child's academic needs. He/she deserves the chance to be stretched and challenged intellectually, and this is the school that we believe would fully develop his/her potential."
Etienne
roll17

Post by roll17 »

Thank you that is sound advice and a very poisitve response.
r o l l 1 7
Rose petal

Post by Rose petal »

I wasn't asked that question at my appeal for the current year 7s, however it does seem that it was part of the panels reasons to reject my appeal as on the letter to sum up the reasons why my appeal was not upheld words very similar to what you have posed as the original question were used. Therefore I agree with Etienne to have an answer ready.

Rose Petal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now