Phone call to all 420 score children from schools?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kitty kat

Phone call to all 420 score children from schools?

Post by kitty kat »

I heard a strange rumour today that TOGGs and Judds have been ringing local girls and boys, who achieved 420 in the 11+, to "invite them to come to their school"- not quite sure what this meant, I assume it meant to put them as 1st choice. Has anybody heard anything about this? Surely the schools do not have access to a candidate's score and phone number at this point. Sounds unbelieveable and rather unethical but the source assured me that it was true and that children at her child's school had been rung.
Ang's mom

Re: Phone call to all 420 score children from schools?

Post by Ang's mom »

Is it only local children ? Have they left the OOC children , as we haven't got any call yet ?
I doubt this is true though :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

Not sure why they would do this when they are so oversubscribed every year anyway.

Seems a little odd...... but there again nothing would surprise me these days!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Seems strange. Where would they get the info from, unless it was from the HT?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

It has been known for kids who get high scores and put somewhere else down first are contacted by letter after the allocations and offered the option to go on the waiting list for the school.

This story sounds odd -not sure how that the scores should be public information at present!
Flybynight

Post by Flybynight »

This is not true for OOC children; my DD scored 420 and we have not had a call. I do know someone in county who scored the same so I will make enquiries!!!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Flybynight wrote:This is not true for OOC children; my DD scored 420 and we have not had a call. I do know someone in county who scored the same so I will make enquiries!!!
I suspect if this is a true story then it is a case of which phone numbers they can get hold of... All seems a bit odd before the CAFs go in
moved

Post by moved »

I will ask the parents' of my four pupils who sat the Kent test. All got max score, but all are OOC. They have not put TOGS/Judd first on their list as the journey is longer.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

moved wrote:I will ask the parents' of my four pupils who sat the Kent test. All got max score, but all are OOC. They have not put TOGS/Judd first on their list as the journey is longer.
sounds like a suitable sample size to test the theory on!! be interesting to hear what they say.
moved

Post by moved »

Not one of my pupils had received a phone call, nor had anyone else that they knew. Certainly the OCC children are not being contacted.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now