TWGGS Governors spaces

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dazednconfused

TWGGS Governors spaces

Post by dazednconfused »

Hi - anyone know what scores have been needed previously for TWGGS governors spaces? Someone has just pointed out to me if one gets in, younger ones have a better chance as siblings................ the depths to which we stoop............. mad innit?

thanks
Kent99

Re: TWGGS Governors spaces

Post by Kent99 »

If memory serves me well, the first year that governors' places was offered was 2007 and the cut-off that year was 410 (the same as the in-area cut off for TGS that year). I didn't check the cut-off with the school at that time and I don't know whether this figure has in any case since risen. I would have have expected it to be higher than that. Not much help I'm afraid.
omg

Post by omg »

It was 410 for the 2010 intake with 14 places
westkent

Post by westkent »

Can someone tell me where the Governors' places are allocated?

I understand that its not like TOGS where you can live virtually anywhere as long as your mark is high enough. We live about 9 miles east of Tunbridge Wells just within the Cranbrook catchment area. I don't know of any TWGGS girls near here but that doesn't mean they don't exist! I think they tend to go towards the Sevenoaks area instead.

Do we have any chance? DD has a high enough score.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Priority for governor places at TWGGS is generally given to children in the Edenbridge, Westerham, Sevenoaks area, and also in the last couple of years, girls from places near TW (such as Langton) have only got in on a governor place. I think in teh current Y9 the cut off was 408. Sisters will then get in on the sister priority but only if they continue living in Kent (changed this year).
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

Looking at the oversubscription criteria it seems that TWGGS governors' places go to girls who live within the 11+ areas. A list of the specific Kent parishes which are outside the 11+ area can be found on the TGS website. Basically, if you would be out of area for TGS you can't get a governors' place at TWGGS. If you would be in area for TGS you are also eligible for a governors' place at TWGGS.
hamster

Post by hamster »

This year some girls from Tunbridge Wells itself only got in on a governors' place so they will probably be harder to come by in later years.
Blue Peter

Post by Blue Peter »

West Kent - I've PM'd you.