getting snowed under!!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

firsttimermum

getting snowed under!!!

Post by firsttimermum »

Hey, is it just me or is everyone else feeling the same?? Trying to study, work, looking after 3 DCs and not forgetting DH and the 11 plus.........domestic chores just seem to be piling up!! Even skipping uni for two days making it look half decent only lasted few days! Its really annoying especially when I have been a clean freak not so long ago!!

I am now thinking about getting a cleaner, DH has been suggesting one but I felt too guilty, but now thinking having someone once a week just to finish off what is left end of the week, would be ideal.

So whats the problem...........the price!! Everyone i've asked are really expensive !!! Like 8-10 pounds an hour!!!!
Has anyone used one or know of anyone...or any companies at a decent price?? Also i'm not sure how i would feel about a stranger in my house?? So anyone with experience or recommendation would definately help.

FTM
moved

Re: getting snowed under!!!

Post by moved »

I'm snowed under too. Full-time job, private tuition, exam papers to write, dogs to walk and 10 hours commuting. Two children raising themselves and doing most of the cleaning!
I'm getting a cleaner. I have asked an agency. £20 per hour, but two people per hour. I went with the agency because I wanted to be able to trust having a stranger in my house and also if they don't do a good job it will be easier to complain.
I am hoping for 3/4 hours per week.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

When I read this the thread's title, I presumed you were in Scotland and seen the first snow of the Autumn/Winter!
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Yes it does sound like that :oops: !! That's just how I was feeling at the one as I was typing!! I just feel like i'm getting buried under all the things which need doing!!

Two workers instead of one.......sounds like heaven!!! Unfortunately I'm looking for just one as that is all the budget allows!! ( In the Hodge hill area). The worst thing is I actually had the number for a really good cleaner who came in with recommendation and only cost £6 per hour! Do i treasure the number and call her instantly ...NO I decided i didnt need one in the holidays and should be sensible and wait till new semester starts!! I've now gone and lost the number and the person who gave it to me lost their phone with the number in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do apologise for the early morning moan I just thought maybe someone knows of anyone .......... :?

FTM
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Have to say I thought £8 - £10 an hour was reasonable, and if it means I don't have to do it would pay £50 (if I had it :lol: )

Would love to be brave and go ahead and hire one. Both DH and I work full time but I know I will rush round doing it all before they arrive so they don't talk about 'that woman with the messy kitchen / piles of ironing / dusty shelves' :oops:
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
moved

Post by moved »

The agency are coming to assess my house on Wednesday. Good job my parents came today and my children spent the w/e cleaning. (Very bad mother was writing exam papers and only cleaning as light relief.) I know that the regime of having a cleaner will be good for all of us as we will have to tidy at least twice per week. :mrgreen:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

moved wrote:The agency are coming to assess my house on Wednesday. Good job my parents came today and my children spent the w/e cleaning. (Very bad mother was writing exam papers and only cleaning as light relief.) I know that the regime of having a cleaner will be good for all of us as we will have to tidy at least twice per week. :mrgreen:
I find it's the tidying that takes the time. By the time it's finished I don't have any energy left to do the cleaning! :oops: :lol:
Marylou
moved

Post by moved »

Nor me, in fact I struggle with any of it. But back to work as I am now using the forum to avoid writing. Bad moved!