ticking all boxes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
1203tommy

ticking all boxes

Post by 1203tommy »

How realistic does anyone think this is?
My daughter only passed for Stroud High, ( not sure what happened on the day, as she was getting 85-100% on all her practice papers, and we did lots, and most of all the different papers.) She is in the 200s on the list for stroud list.
Could we say possibly divide that by 4, as a lot ticked all boxes.
So she could move up quite easily. Trying to play with numbers! Possibly 50 will go to Pates, 50 or 60 Denmark, 50 or 60 to Ribston knocking off possible 150 or so on the list.
Am I dreaming or is it possible???
capers123

Re: ticking all boxes

Post by capers123 »

1203tommy wrote:How realistic does anyone think this is?
My daughter only passed for Stroud High, ( not sure what happened on the day, as she was getting 85-100% on all her practice papers, and we did lots, and most of all the different papers.) She is in the 200s on the list for stroud list.
Could we say possibly divide that by 4, as a lot ticked all boxes.
So she could move up quite easily. Trying to play with numbers! Possibly 50 will go to Pates, 50 or 60 Denmark, 50 or 60 to Ribston knocking off possible 150 or so on the list.
Am I dreaming or is it possible???
That's what happened last year.

I think it depends where in the 200's your DD is. 299 would be less certain than 201!
Capers
1203tommy

Post by 1203tommy »

She's 244! However reading on this forum, there are people looking at appealing who didn't pass, would they put that person ahead of my daughter, I guess we will have to appeal if needed, hopefully not! Not sure what one appeals on?
1203tommy

Post by 1203tommy »

Also i am confused, I was under impression Ribston was easier to get in, than other girls schools, but my daughter didn't pass for it, but did Stroud?! (Not interested in Ribston though as too far from cirencester - just wandering!)
capers123

Post by capers123 »

1203tommy wrote:She's 244! However reading on this forum, there are people looking at appealing who didn't pass, would they put that person ahead of my daughter, I guess we will have to appeal if needed, hopefully not! Not sure what one appeals on?

Also i am confused, I was under impression Ribston was easier to get in, than other girls schools, but my daughter didn't pass for it, but did Stroud?! (Not interested in Ribston though as too far from cirencester - just wandering!)
Appeals don't start until late May, early June. Until then, the waiting list will be in play. That list will be somewhat shorter than (244-120), as all the people going to other schools will be removed from it.

Ribston appears this year to have a higher cut-off - or maybe SHS a lower one. You could appeal for both, but hopefully your DD will get SHS before the appeals.
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now