Are children allowed to write on questionnaire paper ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anowicka

Are children allowed to write on questionnaire paper ?

Post by anowicka »

I just wonder if kids can write on questionnaire paper?

Any replies much appreciated.

Thank you
A
sherry_d

Re: Are children allowed to write on questionnaire paper ?

Post by sherry_d »

Yes they can, there was a thread here a while ago with KCC's repsonse that.
Impossible is Nothing.
anowicka

Post by anowicka »

Thanks Sherry
I was looking for but couldn't find this..
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

This one

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 19&t=11132
Desperate Dan wrote:Following my enquiry I received this email from KCC.

"The reason we have always said that children shouldn't write on the question paper isn't actually so that we can use them again: it's partly because the administrative instructions issued by the test designers have always specified that children may do their working out on rough paper, and partly because every year, some children forget what they have been asked to do and start recording their answers on the question paper.

This is a problem, because - unlike the answersheets - the question papers don't have children's names on them and are destroyed in bulk as soon as they come back to us, so we ask invigilators to check that children are putting their answers on the answersheet, not the paper: otherwise, they may be lost completely.

Children have never been penalised for making a mark on the question paper, but they may be reminded by the invigilator to write on the answersheet, not the question paper.

As it happens, the test designers have, of their own accord, changed the administrative instructions printed on the question papers this year, so that they tell children they can "do rough workings on the question booklet". We didn't ask for this change (and weren't expecting it!) but at least it means everyone who takes the tests will be told the same thing.

Hope this helps".
Impossible is Nothing.
anowicka

Post by anowicka »

[As it happens, the test designers have, of their own accord, changed the administrative instructions printed on the question papers this year, so that they tell children they can "do rough workings on the question booklet". We didn't ask for this change (and weren't expecting it!) but at least it means everyone who takes the tests will be told the same thing]

Please could someone confirm if there were the administrative instructions printed on the question papers this year, which tells a child that they can "do rough workings on the question booklet"?

Thank you
Anna
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Please could someone confirm if there were the administrative instructions printed on the question papers this year, which tells a child that they can "do rough workings on the question booklet"?
I doubt the instruction would say that a child could write on the question booklet. It is more likely that they removed the instructions that stated they could not write on the booklet.

I'm just speculating though.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

feedback from my pupils suggests that they are allowed to do write on question paper. teh reply from KCC also would suggest this.

give KCC a ring , or e-mail them, they are very helpful