KECH Letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

narshad1

KECH Letter

Post by narshad1 »

Has anyone received their exam instructions yet please? They were to be posted out this half term.
brummum

Re: KECH Letter

Post by brummum »

No, I haven't received anything yet.

Is this all designed to make everyone even more anxious than they all ready are :?:

And is there any reason for the exam organisers to leave it so late. I like to have everything ready and in place well before the date.

I might phone tomorrow.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Well, we've received our letters today (for both of them) :o at least it's confirmed!!

I forgot about no admittance after 9.10. Last time we had to travel over 100 miles to get there. This year KECH is walking distance.

There's a red spot on my daughter's letter...anyone knows what that means??
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

We got our letters today too. It seems as if parking will be a nightmare. Does anyone who's done it before have any tips as to where to park?

Our plan at the moment is to get there as early as possible, I don't want to have to cope with the stress of not being able to park and worrying about getting the DCs in on time.

My DD's letter also has a red spot, I'm assuming it is to denote female!?
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Parking will be a total nightmare! KECH's parking is small enough without the additional problem of works going on at the moment. I can understand why no parking is allowed on site!

Vicarage Rd is a nightmare for drop off / collection during normal school hours let alone on 11+ exam day!

Try the side roads like Hazelhurst (less busy than Colemore av). You can walk from there (1 min walk). For the boys, the prefects will take them in. Judging from the letter, it's a different arrangement for the girls.

I think the spot specifies where they will be sitting the test in the school. :roll: On KECHB's letter, DS is in the Hall. I'm just wondering if it also has something to do with age? :?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Ours is a green spot, I assume it's something to do with which room they're in.

Last time I parked a few minutes walk away on a side street with about 6 spaces, far enough away that I expected to be the only one. However, when I arrived there were 4 or 5 cars already there - all with the giveaway National Trust stickers in the windscreen :lol: !

Mike
auricula

Post by auricula »

Had my DC's letter this morning too, mine has R13 written on it (so assuming this is Room 13?) unlucky for some!!!!

Sitting at KEFW.

Hope this does relate to the room, as this seems far less stressful for the children than sitting in a huge hall, although they don't seem phased by the idea, it completely petrifies me!
narshad1

Post by narshad1 »

Thanks everyone, relief all round, leter arrived this morning, sitting at Sheldon Academy. Parking will not be allowed for long, just pick drop and go scenario. I suggest park locally and walk the rest if the weather is good. Otherwise I suggest one partner drives andf the other sorts out DC with the admn. We are not alowed inside at all.
brummum

Post by brummum »

Did anyone else for Sheldon Academy get a really rubbish map :?: :)
narshad1

Post by narshad1 »

Libcon cuts even extend to photo copier ink....Really rubbish map for sheldon, have to use sat nav. Suggest a dummy run on Friday run for local parking the next morning.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now