Application to Bucks Grammar Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ranmis

Application to Bucks Grammar Schools

Post by ranmis »

Hi,

We registered for the Bucks 11+ exam, but didnt find any supplementary for on any of the grammar schools websites, so havent filled up any other form. How will I then be considered for addmossion to any grammar school. I was interested in Aylesbury Grammar School but I didnt fill up any supplementary for for Aylesbury Grammar School. So how does it work then?
Sally-Anne

Re: Application to Bucks Grammar Schools

Post by Sally-Anne »

There is no supplementary form for any of the Grammar Schools.

The only schools that have supplementary forms that need to be completed are Waddesdon School and St. Bernard's Catholic School. If you need the form for either of those you can download it here: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... ndary.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
ranmis

Post by ranmis »

Thanks Sally. So do I just put the name of Aylesbury in the CAF form and wait for them to contact me? How is the test marking used by the grammar schools?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Ranmis, am I right that you are outside Bucks? If so, you put Aylesbury on the CAF that you are submitting to your home county. Your home county then informs Bucks CC admissions that you have expressed a preference for AGS. You will not be contacted by Bucks CC, and they will simply put your preference into the system for the allocations process.

I am not quite sure what you are asking in your next question, so please could you clarify it for me?
ranmis

Post by ranmis »

Yes, I am outside Bucks. Just to clarify my earlier question, if I had 3 bucks grammar school names in my CAF form, I dont get school 1 & 2, but get an offer from school 3. How do schools 1, 2 & 3 decide that the child has not qualified for school 1 & 2 but has qualified for school 3? Do they each have a cut off mark, meaning does school 3 takes children with the lower marks compared to school 1 & 2?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Ah ha - you are thinking of the system elsewhere.

The 11+ test score doesn't enter into the process of allocating schools in Bucks at all. Provided your child scores 121 or more on one of the two papers (or you win a non-qualification appeal) they are deemed "qualified" and that is the end of the score's role. Your child will then be allocated a place at AGS provided you satisfy the admissions criteria, which in your case simply boils down to the distance from school gates to your home.

As an example of that, this year all children living within 18.494 miles from AGS were allocated a place on 1st March. By the end of August that distance had increased to 22.147 miles, so really a very long way indeed from the school. That distance can obviously change from year to year, as you can see here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plu ... rofile.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course, if you have placed a school in another county higher on the CAF and your child qualifies in that test, they will be allocated a place there according to the rules that apply there.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now