Parking at Camp Hill for the test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mr Benn

Parking at Camp Hill for the test

Post by Mr Benn »

According to the documents sent out , there will be no parking on site. So Im assuming its just a case of park where you can in a side road.
Any tips on where best to park ?

Having done a test run, I only saw one main gate for cars and for pedestrians ... does that mean they will just stop cars going thru , but you have to walk thru that gate ?

Thanks.
um

Re: Parking at Camp Hill for the test

Post by um »

My son sat the test at KES last year (the Grammar school test - but at KES, if that makes sense) and there was a good system in place of pulling in the car, your child got out and was taken in by 6th formers, and then you drove off. Just wondering if CH have something like that arranged?
If not, I would suggest you do a practice run, to find suitable parking. The road layout all around Ch is complicated, and as my son is now there, I once dropped him off when he was running late and got hopelessly confused - he ended up wishing he'd just caught the bus!
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

We've worked out where we vould park , which seems close- but who knows how manic it will on the morning !
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

We are at the Shelton place, seems a bit more chilled there
KE hopeful

Post by KE hopeful »

Hi,We live near Camp Hill - I would avoid Vicarage Road from the Howard Road turn off down to Alcester Road - it nearly gets gridlocked.

Howard Road always seems to be okay; a lot of people park on the grass (but there is always room left) on Howard Road between Colmore Road and Hazelhurst Road (this also happens when the garden festival is on at Kings Heath Park). You can also park on these side roads and All Saints Road, even up to Tenbury Road - this is only a 5 minute walk to the gates of the school.

Gook luck everyone, it is nice to not be involved this year - but I will be thinking of you!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Ooooh no, you don't want to be anywhere near Tenbury Road and All Saints Road. Dearie me no. :wink:

Mike
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Please also, don't park on Avenue rd (adjacent to KH Park). Actually, I would have thought that it was quite obvious not to park there, but I've seen some real car parking idiosyncrasies which results in everyone getting stuck!! :evil:

There are plenty of side roads (off Avenue Rd) where you could park and are also within 5 mins walk from KECH.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

i am getting a friend to give me a lift in, then wait as I drop DS with the prefect
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now