trinity school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bexleydadof2

trinity school

Post by Bexleydadof2 »

Any comments/feedback regarding Trinity School in Erith. In a delema as to whether to choose Hurstmere or Trinity school. Hurstmere is further away.
Skippy

Re: trinity school

Post by Skippy »

Hi
Whilst I've no direct experience I must say I haven't heard a bad word about Trinity and Hurstmere is just as well thought of.
Hurstmere doesn't have a 6th form which is something that you may want to consider?

You may experience a problem getting into Hurstmere if you are a fair distance away although they do calculate as the crow flies. The distances in the bandings are always quite tight. I believe the furthest they went out last year was 1.8 miles and the shortest band was 0.9 miles.

Obviously the banding distances change each year according to the amount of boys in each band vs the set criteria siblings etc but just to make you aware.
Having said that I understand Trinity's criteria is also very strict so it may be worth considering which of the two you would fulfill the criteria for the most?

Such a difficult decision isnt it? Do you or your son not have a preference to all boys or mixed schooling? Which school did you get a better feel for? It may be worth writing down what you like / dislike about each and making a judgement from there ?
Sorry not to be of any more help than that but all I can say is they aare both very well thought of so you won't go wrong with either.
Good luck with your decision.
Bexleydadof2

Post by Bexleydadof2 »

Thanks for your comments. I liked Trinity because of the ethos of the school and match the criteria for selection. The school is very good if support is needed. I was slightly disappointed that the 'typical' boy subjects were lacking i.e. design & tech, electronics etc. Hurstmere was better in these type subjects. Trinity better in languages (although exam success not high) and far better in music. Very hard decision. My ds prefers an all boys school. I'm not too sure. Help!!!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Is sport important to your son? If so I'd go for Hurstmere. Though, I would agree they are both good schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now