DD is poorly and off school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

floozey

DD is poorly and off school

Post by floozey »

Oh no....my DD is off school and feeling a little under the weather.

She has snuffles and I hope they go soon so that she is fit and well for Saturday.
narshad1

Re: DD is poorly and off school

Post by narshad1 »

could be a blessing in disguise, relaxed and stress free.

ps, the clocks have not gone back on our posts..
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Floozey,

I hope DC is feeling better soon.

Now would be a good time to find out what the procedure is, if DC is unwell on Saturday. It's always recommended that you don't send them to the exam if they are unwell.

Best of luck with the test! :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

narshad1 wrote: ps, the clocks have not gone back on our posts..
You may need to go into user control panel > your profile > board preferences > summer time.
Etienne
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi, aaah it must be all the stress they are under! My DD is also poorly and has been on and off for the last three weeks with a range of illnesses, from Bronchitis to food poisoning !! She has been wheezing and is currently using inhalers three times a day. A little better today, and i'm just so tempted to just keep her home to prevent anything else!!! :roll: :roll:

Does anyone have any ideas on what the procedure is?? I was actually thinking about calling them, but remember last year people saying late sitters had to go on waiting queues as places were already allocated??

Hope your child gets better I think they have just about had enough of it, and its probably better for them to get it over and done with!! Use this time to give her lots of TLC and spoil her :wink:

FTM
fm

Post by fm »

No, not late sitters in the sick exam which is 10 days later, but late sitters after the March allocation I would imagine.

If your child is at all unwell, I really wouldn't have them sit the exam. Once you send them in there, that's you declaring they are fit to sit.
um

Post by um »

I've often thought that this is a bad time of the year for the exam - so many viruses about. Last year was a nightmare as swine flu went through the whole family - we had just recovered in time for the KE exam!
My son was ill with a cold on the QM exam day and I didn't want to send him, but dh insisted, saying that we couldn't get a doctors note for a cold (which may be true, I don't know). He sat the exam but spent 2 days in bed afterwards. Although he did well enough to have got in comfortably, his mark in QM was lower than I'd expected - I think that was due to him feeling ill.
brummum

Post by brummum »

My DS has spent the weekend hurling himself round a football pitch - I am certain that by the end of the week he will have broken his right arm or something :)

Two more footie training sessions this week - so finger crosses for no injuries :!:
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi, I thought last year the exam for sick children was in jan/feb!! :oops:
Is it so 10 days later, if that is so it would be a relief as I have kept DD at home today as she has been wheezing and complaining of body aches!!

ftm
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

firsttimermum wrote:Hi, I thought last year the exam for sick children was in jan/feb!! :oops:
Is it so 10 days later, if that is so it would be a relief as I have kept DD at home today as she has been wheezing and complaining of body aches!!

ftm
Oh dear! Hope your DDs recover for the exam.

I also thought the 'sickie' exam was about two weeks after the exam? My DS is usually so snuffley but thankfully, he's alright at the moment. I hope he continues like this for the next couple of weeks as each Saturday is booked with exams!! :|