grammar school review/appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
catmum

grammar school review/appeal

Post by catmum »

Hi
Anyone else had experience of appeal to st Ambrose college for non-qualification ( missed score by 5 points) any advice appreciated for school internal review, ( have also posted on appeals forum in more detail)
Last edited by catmum on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sillyjolly

Re: st ambrose appeal for non-qualification

Post by sillyjolly »

Does anybody know who sits on the panel for the internal review and how do you know if your case has even been reviewed?
:?
Gman

Post by Gman »

Know someone that appealed a few years ago. Panel I believe included clergy plus retired head teacher of another school.

Appeal was over over subscription, as boy had passed, but qualified low down due to the faith criteria.

You will need to win both the qualification and be clear at what criteria level your son will go into if successful.

Which criteria do you meet?
catmum

Post by catmum »

we are catholic,in local area & at feeder school, just missing those 5 marks to the pass mark.
catmum

Post by catmum »

Also dont know how you know if case has been reviewed, school just said you wouldn't find out any result until March allocations.
sillyjolly

Post by sillyjolly »

Do you know what his individual scores were, did he marginally fail in each subject?
catmum

Post by catmum »

no breakdown of score was given
Sensible

Post by Sensible »

Why don't you just accept that he failed to get in.......he is definitely not the only one!
Move on and make your second choice. There are hundreds that want to get into the school, my own son included. The school sets a pass level of 77%........they want the elite. Unfortunately not all boys are up to this standard. Good luck!
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Sensible,

that is a bit harsh, Catmum only wants to do her best for her son. As this forum has shown many a parent has fought for what they believe best for their own child, Some are successful after long hard struggles and others sadly are not.

Its each parents decision as to the next stage they take and I'm sure not a decision anyone takes lightly.

Catmum, sadly I have no DS to offer any help, I wish you the best of luck in whatever course you take.

x
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Sensible - The review and appeal process will hopefully ensure that the right children do get in! If this school just wanted "elite" children it wouldn't have 9 other over-subscription criteria to distinguish between all qualified applicants.