11+ but we are living in France

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bigblackdog

11+ but we are living in France

Post by bigblackdog »

i am taking my daughter back to the u.k to sit the test , we are living temporarily in France , we have been here for 6 mths , what problems might we encounter?
hermanmunster

Re: 11+ but we are living in France

Post by hermanmunster »

depends on which school(s) you are aiming to go for... if the school selects only on score then it doesn't matter where you live however if it is on pass then distance as criteria then you will struggle. DD has a child in her form who came over from Netherlands - she passed well enough to get a place.
bigblackdog

Post by bigblackdog »

many thanks , shes had no coaching and the last 6 mths have been a bit up in the air due to us not knowing any French , mainly maths she has missed out on , i'm hoping to get her up to speed before she sits the test
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

You need to have a look at what is required for the school you are considering, where are you returning to ? The schools differ in whether the exams are VR / NVR / Maths / english etc etc . No point in overdoing work on an area that is not tested!
bigblackdog

Post by bigblackdog »

many thanks , it seems the test will go as follows english ,maths ,vr , as at whsg
i now want to download some stuff , to get her familliar , any suggestions?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sorry, where is WHSG?
bigblackdog

Post by bigblackdog »

southend essex
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Bigblackdog,

I'm going to move this thread to Essex where you will get more replies.

Have a look at this thread which may be useful. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =15&t=8520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.csse.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Thanks Mitasol - should be able to get lots of help now.
moved

Post by moved »

Bigblackdog

Are you sitting the exam on 20/11/10? If so, at this late stage I would recommend concentrating on the VR as this is worth double in the exam.

The VR for the Essex 11+ is usually tough, so as many papers as possible for familiarity. The VR uses all 21 types so I would recommend downloading the Tutors papers (from the E-papers on this site) as they will arrive instantly on your desktop and order the Bright Sparks papers (from the Book Shop tab above), which will hopefully arrive in 3-4 days.

Order the last two years papers from CSSE. If you do last year's papers and a VR then total the scores (doubling VR) you should be looking for a score of approximately 140 marks.

For extra maths papers you could do some of the manchester grammar school papers (not the same format as CSSE but a good level of questions) available at this link.

http://www.mgs.org/index.php/publicatio ... ion-papers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are desperate for more papers then pm me.