Travel to Reading Boys from Langley / Slough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
makhan

Travel to Reading Boys from Langley / Slough

Post by makhan »

Hi There,

We Live in Langley Slough and our son has just been accepted at Reading Boys, does anyone have experience of the daily journey for from Langley / Slough Train Stations to Reading.

I heard that there are a bunch of Slough girls that go to Kendrick every day and wonder if the case is the same for Reading Boys.

Also does anyone also know of a Car Pool or Shared Coach Service?

Aasim
stevew61

Re: Travel to Reading Boys from Langley / Slough

Post by stevew61 »

Hi makhan,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting an offer from Reading.

Lots of boys and girls arrive at the station and then it is a shortish and safe fifteen minute walk to the schools, they take different routes as the schools are on different sites but not only 400M apart.

Try a practice run one morning and follow the crowd :)

Ask the school if anyone else makes the journey who might help with advice or support I am sure a few do.

Thanks for letting us know that the waiting list has moved?

steve
makhan

Post by makhan »

Thanks for the reply, I will defintely try the test run to school.
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

makhan wrote:Thanks for the reply, I will defintely try the test run to school.
Hi Asim

I congratulate your child to get seat in Reading boys. Great stuff,well done. I have a doubt if you are in langley then post code is SL3, which is outside of reading boys catchment area. Is this true or your post code is in catchment area. I live in langley with post code SL3 and my son is appearing for langley grammar school etc in nov 2010. I am not considering reading boys grammar as we are outside catchment area. Do you think it is still worth considering even my post code is SL3. I am worried because i have to choose only 6 preferences in the application form. currently i am thinking
Tiffin boys school ,Kingston
Langley grammar school , Langley
Herschel
Burnham
slough grammar school
st. bernards grammar school

So I have already 6 in my form so can not choose reading boys unless i take out one from the above list

please suggest me
chandra
muvvalac@yahoo.com
makhan

Post by makhan »

Folks,

I noticed there have been a few views to this sight so wanted to share with everyone that my son has been going to Reading for a term now and he we managed to have a settled routine that works well after 1 week of him starting school. He catches a train at 7 am it takes 236 minutes to REading during which time he relaxes or does some homework, then there is bus from outside the station to directly outside school. Thank God, What seemed daunting was made easy for us. btw, SL3 is outside catchement and they can technically exclude you from the selection process. My Daughter is sitting he 11+ at the moment and I hope everyone reading this can wish her well.

Cheers
Aasim
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now