Herts Academic Test Allocation Letters have arrived

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Herts Academic Test Allocation Letters have arrived

Post by Daogroupie »

Along with some example questions. I think the Maths ones reflect the real thing but the VR ones are just far too easy. You could ask a reception class the opposite to Slow and sounds like Click one and the Hot is to Cold as Dry is to Bone, Chilly, Wet or Warm. I am not even going to show my DD the sample VR because it will make her over confident. DG
herty

Re: Herts Academic Test Allocation Letters have arrrived.

Post by herty »

Does anyone know if the children get given rough paper and/or can can write on the question paper?

Thanks!
herty

Post by herty »

Also, on the sample paper, there was one VR type I didn't recognise -

Fill in the missing word on the right:

HARM (WARM) COOL : NAPPY (..............) SAD

The answer was HAPPY - but not come across the 'sounds like the first word and means the opposite of the second, I don't think(?) in the Letts/Bond/Athey papers we've done.

Or maybe we have and I'm just being dim.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for where I'd find similar questions?
stressmonkey

Post by stressmonkey »

I've just looked at the sample questions and think several of the examples really look quite different from the (what feels like) mountains of questions that DC has done.

We have an afternoon slot - any suggestions as to what to do in the morning so that he (and I) don't go into nervous meltdown?
l33na

Post by l33na »

Our exam letter arrived today too. It says to bring just 2 pencils. I am guessing they don't need protractors.
Fill in the missing word on the right:

HARM (WARM) COOL : NAPPY (..............) SAD

The answer was HAPPY - but not come across the 'sounds like the first word and means the opposite of the second, I don't think(?) in the Letts/Bond/Athey papers we've done.
You are right about the above. My dd did not know what to do here. She has not come across this yet. Oh no not more we need to go through.

Can someone tell me are we allowed to drop the children off inside the exam hall or do we just have to leave them infront of the gates?
Daogroupie

Re: Herts Academic Test Allocation Letters have arrived

Post by Daogroupie »

At Clement Danes you come to the door of the exam hall with them. At DAO you have to say goodbye at the school gates and at HBS. Each school has its own system. DG
Chilled

Post by Chilled »

stressmonkey wrote:
We have an afternoon slot - any suggestions as to what to do in the morning so that he (and I) don't go into nervous meltdown?
DS had a couple of afternoon slots for exams last year. I made sure he had a good breakfast - home made pancakes with blueberries as I read somewhere that research shows that people who had blueberries for breakfast did better in afternoon tests than those who didn't. At some point in the morning we went out for a good long walk to get some fresh air and exercise as well as to keep our minds off the exam. Then he had a light lunch.

Good luck.
emmalulu

Post by emmalulu »

hi there
has anyone else been given tuesday 30th for the test instead of saturday 20th. this seems a bit weird as i thought all kids would need to do it together thanks
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

How very odd, you seem to have been given the backup date for those who are ill on 20th November without actually asking for it. This is high risk for you because if your dc is ill on the 30th November then there is no backup for you. I would call and ask if you can have the 20th November like everyone else and ask why you have been given the backup slot when you did not ask for it. DG
emmalulu

Post by emmalulu »

hi there
no i called them and we have tuesday 30th !! maybe just as well as my son has been sick most of this week . good luck to all x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now