Newstead Wood Test Nov 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
petrified pat

Newstead Wood Test Nov 2010

Post by petrified pat »

I am not seeing too much feedback from this years Newstead Wood test, which is surprising has there has been over 800 Children taking this years Newstead test. The feedback that I am getting is that it was easy. This is info from DD and her friends. If everyone found it easy, it is going to be a very high passmark. Roll on 1st March. Anyone else out there interested.
petrified pat

Re: Newstead Wood Test Nov 2010

Post by petrified pat »

I have just been advised that The Newstead test was easier than both the bexley and Kent test!
Can that be possible???
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

There is an entire post on the Newstead exam along with comments from some parents. Yes, it was generally considered easy but then that was the impression last year too.
We are not allowed to divulge any more information(not that I have any) as there would still be DC's taking them, maybe thats the reason you dont see any explicit details on the forum.

I guess everyone's waiting for March, though the pressure is less on us as we have the Kent schools as back up options.

All the best to your DD :)
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

petrified pat wrote:I have just been advised that The Newstead test was easier than both the bexley and Kent test!
Can that be possible???
I think it depends on what they mean by "easy". My DD got 80/80 for VR in Kent but found the NW VR, comparitively not that easy. But then again she is very critical of herself and would say it wasnt easy, even if she couldnt do a couple of questions.

But yes the NVR was definitely said to be easier than Kent.

I say the easier a paper is , the more chance to make careless mistakes.
As far as I am aware the NW exam is one with unpredictable results. Lst year, DC's who had done exceptionally well in Bexley and Kent didn't get the sufficient scores for NW compared to DC's who didnt pass Kent/Bexley who got high enough scores for NW. So I guess its waiting till March to find it out!
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Last year my DD had found the Bexley test the hardest content wise. She said that althought the bexley test in itself was harder but the fact that she had to do all the test papers for Kent in one day meant that she found the Kent harder physically as compared to the Bexley which was harder mentally, if you know what I mean. By the time she came to do the Newstead one she said she had forgotten the other two so could not compare them :!: But I remember her and her friends saying that it was easy.
wishful

Post by wishful »

Hi Petrified Pat (love the name!)

My DD found the NW test easier than the Kent test (she didn't do Bexley), she managed to finish it all, whereas she ran out of time in the Kent test. We always had a problem with speed when doing the practice papers, she's a bit of a day dreamer! Like you say, if everyone found it easy the cut off mark will be higher :?