KEVI Fiveways. Tuesday 6th of March 11:30am

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dibble

KEVI Fiveways. Tuesday 6th of March 11:30am

Post by Dibble »

My son has an offer of a place at KEVI Fiveways but wants to take another look before finally choosing a school.

We'll be there at 11:30am on Tuesday 6th of March.

These things always work much, much better with a small group, I've found, but unfortunately it's just us at the minute :-(

If you're in a similar situation and can make that time then it would be great to see you there.

(Ring the school too, of course!)

--
Dibble
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Dibble

Fantastic news, congratulations to your son

I'm sure you and your son will find Tuesday's visit quite different to the normal open day scrummage.

We did the same last year for my son with a small group which ended up with a meeting with the headmaster. All of the children were very impressed and decided to opt for KE Five Ways

Once again well done.

Regards

Post by Guest »

Hello, I can't make the session, but my son will going there in Sept. Good luck.

Solihull Parent

Post by Guest »

How was it ? Please do tell and spill the beans.......

Thanks
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Anonymous wrote:How was it ? Please do tell and spill the beans.......

Thanks
Every time I look again at this school I realize that I've underestimated it - both academically and socially. I think that many other parents make the same mistake. Perhaps putting Fiveways down on their form because.. well “why Not?” and never seriously considering the school. This is a serious mistake.

I don't have time right now to type enough to do it justice but I will say that the atmosphere at the school is superb – really something special. If you were feeling a bit down then a little while after getting there, you'd be feeling better again; You just can't buy that.

You have to visit this school on a working day to really see what it has to offer. If you happen to get someone on the phone who resists organizing a visit for you then just find a way around her, that's not the attitude you'll find in the rest of the school. Ask for the head, his secretary, head of year 7 or just plain INSIST.

I think that anyone who can get their child to this school and doesn't agonize over whether to put it top of the list, just isn't thinking straight.

I have no particular 'axe to grind' here. I speak as someone who did put it top of my LEA list. I can't be sure whether my son would have gained a place at Camp Hill, though he was offered a scholarship place at KES – so I suspect it. His choice is to take up his place a KES.

King Edward Five Ways

Post by Guest »

[/quote]

Every time I look again at this school I realize that I've underestimated it - both academically and socially. I think that many other parents make the same mistake. Perhaps putting Fiveways down on their form because.. well “why Not?” and never seriously considering the school. This is a serious mistake.

[/quote]

Totally agree with Dibble on this one - Five Ways is a most fantastic school. My son has just left and was a real slacker, distinguishing himself only by getting the worst GCSE results in his year. However they didn't think about their league table position but only about his best interests, and let him into the 6th form (on condition he pulled his socks up, which again was in his interests to do!) He was not a joiner of clubs or player of sports, but if he had been the opportunities were endless. It is clear from talking to him or reading stuff he has written that he has had a top quality education. He also has a wonderful circle of friends, both girls and boys, that he made there. I think maybe as often happens with schools that its reputation is 10 years behind reality - get your child in there if you can, you definitely won't regret it.

Post by Guest »

How was the day?

Post by Guest »

We have made our choice after seeing the school. It is the best school for our child and I hope all goes well.

Post by Guest »

I agree, it is a BRILLIANT school !!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now