Count Down

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
monsoon

Count Down

Post by monsoon »

Hi All,

Are we ready for count down?? Or too early?
How are you all doing? We OK.. not mentioning 11+ at all..
DS having fun not even remeber it is going to be next week.

Monsoon
crecheout

Re: Count Down

Post by crecheout »

Hi Monsoon.
I have cunningly planned a work trip overseas at the moment and do not arrive back at school gates until Tuesday next week, specifically so I dont have the dreaded "not long to go now" conversation with the other parents for too many days. Has not stopped me thinking about it though!!!

DD is completely calm and has not mentioned the 11 plus since she took last exams, hopefully the children will not get themselves worked up about it by talking among themselves but I guess there is nothing I can do about it even if they do.

Have to say that I am finding it hard to plan anything for after 26th at the moment, I just need to get the result out of the way (whatever the outcome) before I can even think about Christmas. (Hmmmm, I used to be so good at multi tasking!!!)
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Good luck everyone, really hope you all get good result's :D
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Thank you... Midget mum :)

I wish I could get away until 26th... but I can't :(
Last year watching this forum and thougt the waiting can't be that much painful, but I know now!!!

Monsoon
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I'm really anxious for you all, I can still remember clearly how awful and nerve racking it all was last year :?

Bestest Luck!!
stresspot

Post by stresspot »

My dd said yesterday - 'hey we get our 11 plus results next Thursday!' 'Oh really, that'll be exciting' I said mildly. Didn't want to point out that it was actually Friday and I knew that because I've been counting down since the 6th Oct! I'm over the moon she's so cool about it and really likes both her GS and comp, so I'm playing along with the 'either school is great' approach, and I'll have to carry on with it even if she passes, just in case friends/little sister aren't as lucky.
How on earth do I prepare myself for opening the letter in front of her?????? :? Composed, relaxed, not-fussed-either-way face rehearsals beginning now... :wink:
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

Have been wondering myself about the actually opening "ceremony". When we had the standard 11+ talk at school a while back, the HT at DDs school recommended sitting down with a cup of tea or equivalent (will be hot choc for us!) at home in a "relaxed" way so that if it is bad news you are already sat down for a comforting chat etc.
I must admit as time has gone on, I feel less optimistic than directly after she took the tests - for no particulary rational reason - just trying to prepare myself either way for her I think? Anyway 1 week to go and then at least we know one way or another; that's got to be better than being in limbo!
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

I am feeling less optimistic too.. May be… natural way of preparing our self for the worst. If I could hibernate for a week then that would be marvellous. I wanted to plan something for the weekend so either way we will be keeping our self busy but I can’t seem to pull myself and do some thing about it.
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

We can't wait for next week to come and put us out of our misery! I can remember when our son got his results, we had to read the letter at least a couple of times just to make sure he had passed before telling him the good news. :oops:
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Good Luck to all of you waiting for your DCs results x x x

I was a nervous wreck last year ... and the opening of the envelope moment :shock:

Wishing you all good news :D x x x
Heartmum x x x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now