Odd Socks!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Just1-2go

Odd Socks!!

Post by Just1-2go »

I have just conceded defeat in my war against odd socks and bought each of my children a set of 6 odd socks for christmas!
If you can't beat them...

I just needed to get that off my chest!
Milla

Re: Odd Socks!!

Post by Milla »

you BOUGHT them??? They come as standard round here!
doodles

Post by doodles »

I get them free - just load pairs into washing machine, press button and hey presto an hour later mission accomplished.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I've got one of those washing machines :roll:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Funny thing is the old one did it and this new one we bought in the summer does too! Wasn't mentioned in the spec though!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Socks seem to keep to their partner in our house.....but where do my sons' pants end up ?!!! I will wash say, 5 pairs for me, my dd and my hubby....but for the 2 boys only 2 pairs !!....between them!!! I'm off to search down the sides of their beds .....I'll leave you with that lovely thought ! :D
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Can't blame the washing machine in our house, any pair of socks that's at all pale is carefully sorted so one sock gets washed with the reds and the other with the blues, so eventually finding a pair is a matter of trying to find either two vaguely pinkish socks or two vaguely bluish socks that sort of match in a poor light.

If I mention it to Mrs 1880 I just get a diatribe about learning to use the washing machine... :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

scarlett wrote:Socks seem to keep to their partner in our house.....but where do my sons' pants end up ?!!! I will wash say, 5 pairs for me, my dd and my hubby....but for the 2 boys only 2 pairs !!....between them!!! I'm off to search down the sides of their beds .....I'll leave you with that lovely thought ! :D
Boys are very considerate in their underpant washing, to save their mother's they tend to turn them inside out and wear them twice - as for the fith time, well, commando comes to mind :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

It's just hideous,Snowdrops. I can't really understand it, because my eldest son often wears TWO pairs of pants....goodness knows why.I don't ask, because I think its best just not to know.
wurzel

Post by wurzel »

I limit thorough cleaning of DCs bedrooms to three times per year, during the longer school holidays - yes, I know, but too many other battles to fight. Last time, we unearthed six or seven pairs of used pants from under the debris in DS2s room!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now