Appealing for 11+ Buckingham school

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SAM777

Appealing for 11+ Buckingham school

Post by SAM777 »

Just wanted some information, on appealing for 11+, my son got 116. He has been getting much higher marks while preparing for the test. Maybe nerves got to him; I do feel they treat the 10 year olds as if they sitting for their GCSE exams. It should be done in smaller and much friendlier environment.

I want to appeal on the sibling bases, as his old brother is already in Grammar school in Buckinghamshire. But unfortunately we live in MK; they class MK not being in Buckinghamshire. Can someone help and give me some good advice please. Do we have any chance; my son is devastated for not getting through :( . I have to do something for him.

Thanks
Booklady

Re: Appealing for 11+ Buckingham school

Post by Booklady »

Hi there - I am sure the experts will be along to advise you soon, but I think you have to apply on non-qualifaction first - siblings doesn't come into play unless you have qualified first.

For that you have to prove academic ability - and that this result is out of line with what would usually be expected - there is loads on info on the appeals section - have a browse.

Good luck!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Good advice from Booklady.

There's a lot of reading for you to do to start with.

"Please read this before you post!" will point you in the right direction.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=8255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
SAM777

Post by SAM777 »

Thank you for your advice, I will start reading ASAP.

Thanks again.