Twelve Plus- Any Info?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlemissfavored

Twelve Plus- Any Info?

Post by littlemissfavored »

Hello All,

I was wondering if any one had any info on 12+ for Bexley i.e. what time on the year it takes place, how to apply, how to prepare - anything really will be appreciated.
Thanks,

I look forward to your replies.
tiredmum

Re: Twelve Plus- Any Info?

Post by tiredmum »

i will tell you waht i know but its not much. My friends dd was at st catherines and took the 13plus, which i think is similar but a year late. My friend had to check with the teachers that she was at the right curriculem levels before her dd could take the test. She was- though one of her subjects was very borderline. she was allowed to take the test and passed. However she had set her heart on bexley grammar which was full. My friend appealed but was unlucky so her dd went on the waiting list and finally got a place starting year 10 - she is still there - doing her final year now. :)

I would ring the council and ask them some details,
Tracy

Re: Twelve Plus- Any Info?

Post by Tracy »

At present, it's the same subjects as in the 11+. Can't say when it is though as it did change over the last couple of years. You have to convince the council, with the help of the sec school, that your child is of the same level as those already at the grammars. Some secs are very unhelpful as they don't want to lose any high achieving students.
Word of warning, very high demand for places and you only really stand a chance if you are local.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now