Bucks - missed by 2 points - timescales & other questions

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Clare

Bucks - missed by 2 points - timescales & other questions

Post by Clare »

Hello All

My son missed by two points.

Does anyone know how long we have to put the appeal letter and evidence in?

Thank you

Clare

I have a couple of specific questions that I would like to ask the moderators which I will put in the box.
Etienne

Re: Bucks 11 plus missed by two pints -timescales

Post by Etienne »

You have at least a couple of weeks, Clare, but if you're not ready, there's nothing to stop you sending off the form with a note saying "Further evidence to follow".

Late evidence should normally be sent in no later than 7-10 days before the hearing.

If you'd prefer a hearing in late January or February, best not to return the appeal form immediately!
Etienne
rubyrubyruby

Post by rubyrubyruby »

I share your pain Clare! Missed by 2 points too- we are all gutted. Great web site here, I have spent much of today plotting the appeal and feel a bit better about it. Hope you do too

good luck

R
Globalinc

Post by Globalinc »

I've been lurking for days, and I'm coming in!

Thanks, Etienne, as you have answered an important question for me also- we are currently abroad and it will take time to get all our information together. I now feel happier sending in my form with a summary, and noting that we are assembling our documentation.
Clare

Re: Bucks 11 plus missed by two points -timescales

Post by Clare »

Good luck rubyrubyruby and Globalinc.

School reports- having looked at them.THere are some very good things written but they also highlight weak areas.

Should show or not?

Clare
Globalinc

Post by Globalinc »

So glad not to be in this alone, albeit in a different situation. Not sure if that makes sense. :?

Re reports....Depends on the comments, maybe? I would think it was odd if a teacher didn't show where the student needed to improve. As former teachers (some of them), the panel might find it strange if a report said only what the student was "good" at- not very useful if someone wants to improve!
In my opinion, if the reports highlight mainly positive things, go for it. You might choose to mention where improvement has since been made/weakness addressed?
Clare

Re: Bucks non-qualification appeal - couple of questions

Post by Clare »

Sally-Anne am interested in the prematurity issue.

How premature would be relevant? Has this come up before?

Many thanks

Clare
Clare

Invigilation issues

Post by Clare »

Apparently there was a boy who had a digital watch set for half time. It went off and the boy couldn't turn it off and neither could the invigilator.So he put it in a draw. This muffled the sound but you could still hear it.

This was not recorded by the invigilator.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Clare
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=15025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scroll down to no.16
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Clare

To add to the point Etienne refers to, if a child is an August birthday, but was more than 4 weeks premature, that could effectively mean that they would have been in the next school year down if they had been born at full term.

Also, on a score of 120, 4 - 6 weeks prematurity could possibly mean that the child might have gained an additional standardised mark if they had they been born at full term.

It isn't a major point, but it can be worth mentioning very briefly.

Sally-Anne