Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sherry_d

Whats happening?

Post by sherry_d »

Something is changing :?:

It looks like we will be seeing more adverts :wink:

I am really spending too much time here to the extend I see almost all changes instantly :oops:
Last edited by sherry_d on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible is Nothing.
Ed's mum

Re: Whats happenning?

Post by Ed's mum »

Don't worry. It's the all-new website!!
A lot of effort has gone into this (not my effort).
Go into the home page and have a look around!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I too noticed it as it was happening, even though I'm supposed to be getting those cobwebs down from the corners :(

I love the new header with the drop down menus, very nice and so much more informative!

The front page is great too, very appealing.

The formatting still needs a bit of tweaking (such as the display of the page is too narrow compared to what we had before) but it takes time to do these things and no doubt the programmer is on to it on his/her long list of things.

Looks superb I have to say - well done all of you!! :D
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

The screen is looking a bit smaller though and I hope we get the old font back.

Homepage much more impoved but a bit overwhelming with all those choices in the middle. Looking more like banners put together. I like the navigation bit at the top where the header is and I also like the bottom bit from the point where its says recent forum discussions. Overally the homepage looks a bit more fresh now and it gets my thumps up, still waiting to see all the forum changes though.
Impossible is Nothing.
Website Editor

Post by Website Editor »

Good morning everyone! On behalf of ForumAdmin, the technical team and researchers and the forum moderators I am delighted to be able to welcome you to the new look ElevenPlusExams website. :D

The project to relaunch the site has been a year in the making, and nearly 50 people have contributed to the project. The site now runs to over 23,000 pages which makes it the largest website about the 11+ by a considerable margin. The site is not just about quantity, but also quality, and considerable care has been taken to make sure that the information and resources on the site are comprehensive, accurate and reliable.

I am responsible for the content of the information pages on the site and my role is to continue to make sure that they are right up to date and factually accurate. Should you see any errors or if you feel that you can add anything to the pages, please email me at: editor(at)elevenplusexams.co.uk and I will try to make any appropriate edits as quickly as possible. (Please note that you cannot PM me on the Forum.) If referring to an external source, such as admissions policies or school websites, links are always helpful so that I can check the information and copy directly from the source to prevent any typos. Likewise, if you have suggestions for new content that could be added to the site, your suggestions will be very welcome.

Obviously with a project this huge there may be small technical problems in the early days, despite the extensive testing that has been going on over the last few weeks. Please let me know of any specific technical problems and I will forward them to the appropriate person for action.

We believe that the new site is representative of the wealth of knowledge, information and resources that have been acquired by whole elevenplusexams team over the past 6+ years. It will probably feel a little bit "full on" at first because of the increased content, but we all hope that you will quickly get used to it and find it helpful.
Website Editor
ElevenPlusExams
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

My immediate impression is that the forum pages no longer adjust themselves to fit the display window. The columns used to autosize so that the whole page width fitted into whatever window size was available (unless there was a url or image on the page that was too wide).

Personally I hate it when a website assumes I'm going to be viewing full screen, I just don't work that way.

Oh, and those wonderful new menus at the top are CENTRED on the page so I can't see the left hand entry.

"Must try harder".

Mike
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Mike

I was having similar problems earlier (including no menu bars at the top at all, just HTML!), but I logged out and then back in a couple of times and everything seems to be back to normal. The Forum has re-sized itself and the menu bars are fine.

I think it is a matter of time as well - the new site only went live at 10.09am, so I think there was a bit of a "transition" for those of us who were logged on at the time.

Give it a whirl?

S-A
programmer

Post by programmer »

mike1880 wrote: Oh, and those wonderful new menus at the top are CENTRED on the page so I can't see the left hand entry.

"Must try harder".

Mike
Hi Mike,

Sorry that you are having trouble with the menu. It would help, if you can send me a message on the browser type and version that you are using. Thanks.

Regards
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I've logged in and out several times and the board's not resized itself for me.

This is how it's displaying for me (using Windows 7 and IE 8 ) - lots of white bits down the side :shock: :(

mike1880

Re: Whats happening?

Post by mike1880 »

I'm on IE 8, it's not re-sizing for me either. No white space tho'.

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now