How many took the exam this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

meeraa

How many took the exam this year

Post by meeraa »

Hi,

There is a talk that this year 11+ registration numbers are higher than any others years? Is this correct ??

Meeraa
drummer

Re: How many took the exam this year

Post by drummer »

funny, I heard the opposite from my HT :roll:

Interesting to find out which is right..
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

This comes up around this time every year as part of the annual cycle of anxiety!

"Now the results are out of the way, what else can we find to worry about until March 1st? Aha! What if there were more children taking the test this year? That would mean my child has less chance of getting a place ... :? "

These are figures that I posted last year in answer to roughly the same question:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 1&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once the turkey, tree and cards are safely sorted I will try to dig out some more detailed numbers for past years and post them on the "Myths & Legends" Sticky.
monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Yes.. what do we do now???
We need to come up with more questions :)
I guess how many took each year will not vary that much... even though people talk about 2000 is the baby boom year!!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

monsoon wrote:people talk about 2000 is the baby boom year!!!
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As hermanmunster puts it so succinctly, the Millennium baby boom was an illusion.

Next question, drummer?
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Sally-Anne wrote: Next question,
Was the test easier this year? If it was does it mean that more will pass and my DC will have to compete with more children for the same number of places?
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

I think they set the passmark to ensure the right percentage of children pass. Although the magic mark is 121 this is a standardised score so they can ensure with standardisation that the right amount of children achieve the cut off mark.

The one thing they can't allow for is where in Buckinghamshire these children reside, therefore some schools can be heavily oversubscribed. However, I guess Bucks parents know there children will get into a Grammar school in Buckinghamshire, it just might not be their preferred one.
guest666

Post by guest666 »

I saw a reported figure a few days ago (in one of the local papers I think) which cited the total figures and the Bucks, OOC split. The total was within ca. 20 of last year's total with the OOC total up by ca 200.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now