slough consortium appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hillingdonmum

slough consortium appeal

Post by hillingdonmum »

My DD only scored 110, do you think I should appeal - we are keen to get her to St Bernards or Hershel GS. She is disappointed for not qualifying by 1 mark, and would like to get some advice. :cry:
Etienne

Re: slough consortium appeal

Post by Etienne »

Generally speaking, with a shortfall of just one mark, it's worth appealing. You'll find advice on appeals in the Q&As, especially section B.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm afraid I can't comment on the chances of success with regard to specific schools.
Etienne
hillingdonmum

Post by hillingdonmum »

Thanks for your help.
But I have one query...St Bernards mentioned that as my DD sat the exam in the Langley GS, and scored only 110, I have to apply to Langley first. Based on the outcome, I then can apply to St Bernards. Is this true???
I want to apeal to St Bernards straightaway, without having to through LGS...am I allowed to do so...
any advice would be welcome.!!
chad

Post by chad »

You should be able to appeal for any school on your CAF..... the only reason St B's knows you put Langley first is because you have to fill in a seperate form for the consortium.
I would appeal for St B's immediately... put in the forms... and wait to see what they officially come back with.
TI can't find any such stipulations on their websites to do with appeals.
lovingmum

Post by lovingmum »

Hiya .. im new to this forum wrinting ... but I want to do exactly the same thing appeal to St Bernards directly but they have told me I need to appeal through LG where my DD sat the test how does this work ? Did u have any joy ?
:cry:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now