Slough Grammar School Results/Langley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

missy

Slough Grammar School Results/Langley

Post by missy »

I have received Slough results today.He has passed with 123.Letter states delighted to tell you your son has been deemed eligible for a place at this school Sept 2011.
Son has also passed Langley with 119 -can anyone tell me if their letter for Langley gives any indication of offer like Slough.
Just waiting for the big one TIFFIN exam,everyone is now pretty relaxed almost complacent.Son has done extremely well considering he has had a lot of problems with his health. For everyone who may not have passed please please chill out give your kids a big hug and hold them tight .Your life is a big test.
muvvalac

Re: Slough Grammar School Results/Langley

Post by muvvalac »

missy: 119 for langley gramar school is generally quite enough to get a place, historically 118 is enough to get langley seat

congrats to you and yor child

We also received slough grammar result today, very pleased. VR 131, NVR 124, average : 128
nia1999

Post by nia1999 »

All

Got the letter this morning confirming she passed .Massive thanks to all the help/advice on this forum .
mum3b

Post by mum3b »

Congrats to all children and families.
DS passed - NVR126, VR136 so standardised score of 131.
RAIM67

Post by RAIM67 »

hope everyone got good news today - for Slough my son scored NVR 128 and VR 125 - overall 127. He really wanted Langley and scored an average of 116, which isnt going to be enough - I think a score of 118+ will see first round offers for Langley. Amazing how the results can vary, he scored 137 for Bucks! He had a bit of a panic attack for the Langley test because he wanted it so bad, going by his other scores he should have scored alot higher for Langley. Oh well - will have to wait til March. Tiffin is the big one and he has worked so hard just have to make sure he remains calm for it. Manjit
chad

Post by chad »

Congrats to all..... excellent news and excellent results ......
GoodMom

Post by GoodMom »

Congratulations to all the DCs who have cleared Slough Grammar School.

My DS got 116 average in SGS exam, so much for consistency as he got exactly same for Consortium. Reading through various threads, it seems this score might not see him through Consortium(Langley/Herschel) but what are his chances in SGS.

Any advice would be soothing for my nervous system:?:
Mona

Post by Mona »

My DS got 116 for consortium and same for Slough. Does he stand any chance of place in Langley/ Herschel or Slough. Though he got very high marks in Bucks. We live in Feltham. I need help please.
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Have a look at the sticky at top of the Berkshire page, it has a thread called Final Offers Data Slough or something like that. It seems that your chances of Slough Grammar are very high with 116 if the allocations are like last year as Slough started with offers at around 113 and looking at previous years that looks quite typical.

Well done to your DC and best of luck

CN