Help ? Eleven plus points?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
surrogate mum

Help ? Eleven plus points?

Post by surrogate mum »

HELP .......
I think I posted a query about the pass mark a few minutes ago but forgot to submit.So here goes again.
Can someone pleas elet me know how many questions does a child have to answer correctly in Paper 1 ans 2 in the Bucks 11 plus to score 121 points..

Really panicking now

Surrogate mum.. :oops:
Tree

Post by Tree »

Hi

There are more experienced people on here to give you a more definative answer and it varies from year to year but its probably around the 68/80 mark ie 86% but becuase of the yearly variations and particularly if the child is older in the year then 90% or 72 is a more reliable score you only need to pass one of the tests they take the best score
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Nice to see you have been listening carefully, Tree! :lol:

That is quite correct.
Tree

Post by Tree »

thanks so much but you'll notice I haven't learnt how to spell 'because'!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Don't worry Tree - Yoyo123 has still not learned to spell "the" - it comes out as "teh" 9 times out of 10, and she's a teacher. :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

:oops:

I blame fat fingers!

I am fine with a pen
monsoon

Re: Help ? Eleven plus points?

Post by monsoon »

Do you think children need to get more correct answer for the future exams? (Or Has this been consistence over the years?).

Looking at some threads suggesting that Oct born with 72/80 might not have qualified this year?
Belgarath

Post by Belgarath »

I am pretty sure this is the right thread for my generic question. I have (as can be seen from my previous posts) been struggling with the whole age, raw score, standardised score thing and feel that there must be a fairer way. My DD was lucky enough to pass both papers so I do not feel the need to request the raw score.

However on the issue of converting scores and looking at previous posts on this thread my question is simply this. Is it possible for a Sept born to score 141. If one mark difference in a raw score can mean up to 4 marks different for a SS this means that, I think, that 141 is not possible for some children esp the older ones. Can this be right. If a child as above is is getting 119 with a RS of 71, this means that thre is not enough marks left to get 141. Unless the graph of marks extends expotentially at the ends to bring marks together. Sorry if not explaining well but I know what I mean.

Good luck to all appealers
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

is this any help?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advice ... planation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if not try the appeals Q&A section
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

I believe a September child can get 141 but would probably need to get 79 or 80/80 whereas a younger child can achieve 141 whilst scoring several points less.

At our primary school I know of an October child who scored 141 in one paper and 139 in the other so it is possible.... Although from what people have posted an October baby must have need about 73 to pass the second paper which would only leave a seven point spread in the raw scores to equate to the 20 standardised points between 122 and 141 so I guess each incremental rise of one raw score point would equate to approximately a jump of 3 standardised points or am I missing something........