four letter codes

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
veryworriedmum

Advice on VR Practice papers

Post by veryworriedmum »

Hi Patricia,

We need your advice on how many and which prctice papers shall we do? We have been practising for a long time now...My son has been attending group tutions for whole of the Year 5. We started off learning the techniques for VR questions focussing on each question type. During the summer break we purchased a lot of practice papers and he has done each of the practice paper at least twice. We have done the practice papers from the following publishers:
1. Bright Sparks [Susan Daughtery] Set 1 and Set 2
2. GL Assessment 4 VR papers multiple choice.
3.Walsh papers
4.IPS papers
5.Bond practice papers for VR multiple choice.
6.AFN papers.
He has appeared for his 11plus exams for schools in Slough and Berkshire.
He will be appearing for the entrance exam at Tiffin boys in the next month.Can you please advice on what we need to do next?

Thank you so much
veryworriedmum
patricia

Re: Advice on VR Practice papers

Post by patricia »

Dear Veryworriedmum

Madeliene Guyon [learning Lab] are not on your list.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... p?g=f&p=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What has your son been doing in his tuition group?

Good Luck

Patricia
Essex_Dad

Post by Essex_Dad »

patricia wrote:Dear Veryworriedmum

Madeliene Guyon [learning Lab] are not on your list.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/books/ ... p?g=f&p=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What has your son been doing in his tuition group?

Good Luck

Patricia
Hello Patricia,

Sorry for jumping in here, can you advise where Madeliene Guyon fits in amongst the Walsh and Bright Sparks and Tutors VR for difficulty, as I have missed these of my radar aswell.

Thanks
:)
veryworriedmum

Post by veryworriedmum »

Hi Patricia,

He has learnt the techniques for VR/NVR questions in his group tution. He has also done timed practice for VR and NVR in his group tution. Thanks for suggesting those VR papers....Do you think these will be a good practice before his exam at Tiffin boys? I mean their level of difficulty...will try them for sure..

Thanks again

veryworriedmum
patricia

Post by patricia »

AFN [slightly easier]
IPS,
The Tutors [ middle range difficulty]
Learning Lab [Madeleine Guyon]
Susan Daughtrey Bright Sparks[very close the correct level of difficulty ]
Walsh, [ [quite hard vocab]

Madeleine Guyon has a starter series where the codes and maths are generallly easier starter type difficulty however the vocab is harder. The font type is rather large.

I do not tend to use them as tests, used in my session time, sections at a time, however they can be used if you have exhausted your supplies.

The Tiffins test is no harder than any other GL Assessement real test. It may be harder to get in due to the high volumes applying but the tests standard of difficulty remains the same.

Patricia
veryworriedmum

four letter codes

Post by veryworriedmum »

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for suggesting the learning lab series! Have bought them for my son preparing for his final exam next month! He is scoring around 87%- 90% first attempt! Is that good enough? Also could you please forward some multiple choice four letter codes questions! He would really benefit since we have identified this as an area of weakness! I've pm you my email address if you need one!

Thank you once again for all your support!
veryworriedmum