Boys school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lucky

Boys school

Post by Lucky »

Hi
I would like to know about the independent/ grammer schools only for boys for year 9 admission –sep 2011 in and around Berkshire as I will bring my family to Bracknell after xmas .
I am sure they have entrance tests in Jan /Feb. and so it would be really useful if you reply to this query as early as possible please- Many thanks
Regards
Lucky
hermanmunster

Re: Boys school

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - the grammar schools usually have year 7 entry and have already had their entrance exams - don't think there are many boys only but might be wrong :roll:

Re Independents - yes they have their exams in Jan / Feb and often taken in year 9. Have you spotted any yourself that you are interested in?

edit: in berks I can only find Eton and the Oratory. maybe neighbouring counties have some?
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Not yet ..have seen few but not sure. can you please give me the list of independent schools and grammar Boys schools in slough / Reading/ newbury etc please if any other than the two mentioned above if possible which have tests on Jan/feb please for admission of year 9 in 2011- Thank you v. much for your help
mad?

Post by mad? »

Bradfield College, Bearwood College (co-ed now?) (both mainly boarding but take day as well), Blue Coat, Shiplake College, Leighton Park (latter is co-ed now I think).
mad?
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Try the websites of Reading School (boys' grammar) which does select for Year 9 entry although I'm not sure when and Reading Blue Coats (boys' independent) which may have some places for Year 9 entry.

Good Luck

CN
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

http://www.readingschool.reading.sch.uk ... 3plusExams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Closing date for applications for both boarding and day places Wednesday 5th January 2011.

Date set aside for tests for both boarding and day places:

Friday 7th January 2011.
Tests are taken at Reading School.
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Many thanks for the replies . I think I will go for the Independent schools. I have gone through some websites but I am not sure whether there is any Test fees I have to pay for the examination as I will be applying for 2 or more schools. So if there is any test fees is it a big amount ? So if my DS got in more than a school is he allowed select one and reject the other school ?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

there are often test and registration fees payable if you are taking an exam / having interviews. These are often not refundable if you do not take up the place. Obviously you can take as many exams as you wish but will pay a fee for each. I think the schools really only want you to take exams for schools you are seriously considering.

You are looking for boys only? Day or boarding?
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

I am looking for boys only or co ed but day only . any idea how much the fees will be for the tests?Thanks
mad?

Post by mad? »

Lucky wrote:I am looking for boys only or co ed but day only . any idea how much the fees will be for the tests?Thanks
On each school's website under admissions it will tell you what the registration fee is. Must say I can't think of any that takes boys and is day only
mad?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now