Waiting For Results !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bustwinks

Waiting For Results !

Post by bustwinks »

Hello all, I have been going through this forum, which I think is fab! and reading all about dc passing, failing and going to appeal. It just seems so unfair that us in Dorset still have months to wait...dd took exam in November and we dont find out till March....so unfair, why cat everyone find out the resultsat the same time!

Sorrry to rant...pre Christmas nerves !!!
Last edited by bustwinks on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muffinmonster

Re: Results

Post by muffinmonster »

Four months certainly is a long wait. We have just had the 11+ in Redbridge (Essex) and we also have to wait until March. The grammar school offers just go out with all the state offers and you get the information on your DC's score and ranking at that point. I'm hoping to be able to forget about it until then (faint hope :roll: ).
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

You will find the time passes quicker than you think. Its already a month gone. We were playing the waiting game last year (seems like much longer!). Luckily DC passed and was offered place at chosen school, but we were never told what his 'result' or score was. Just the offer of a place.
If you think this wait is difficult, wait till you get to the morning of March 1st. The minutes pass like hours. A day I will never forget.
paula

Post by paula »

Waiting here too - only 10 weeks to go now :roll:
DD1 was successful two years ago so in some ways it's worse 2nd time around but also fairly relaxed as we have been there before.
Not long to go now Hang in there folks :)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

It was like that in Kent (exam was January) but they moved it and parents now get results before applying for schools. Most people have found this much better
doodles

Post by doodles »

Completely agree Yoyo much better in Kent now that we get the results before filling in CAF (still have to wait until March for allocations day) but at least you can make your choices with some sort of information behind you

Waiting will pass a lot quicker than you think - hold on there and have a good Christmas.
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Well now that Christmas has passed....only 2 more months to wait!!!!!, half way through the waiting game already...I think my DD has actually forgotton about it all together.

Thanks for all your replies.....it really helps, as it is very quite here on the Dorset forum!!
KeepCool

Re: Waiting For Results !

Post by KeepCool »

It may make you feel better to know that my DD sat an entrance exam for a Surrey Grammar school in September so we have even longer to wait. We know that she passed, but no idea if she scored highly enough to gain a place. 8)
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

OMG September..thats even worse!

Well my DD has just come home to tell me that in her mock sats maths paper (which she took the day before her 11+) she scored 90/100 giving her 5b, 2 marks off a 5A. She said she came 4th in her year, so this is making me feel a little more optomistic...

It will be interesting to see the other marks she recieved!

Still counting down the months!

Bustwinks
KeepCool

Post by KeepCool »

Sounds as if she is doing very well, so hopefully you can draw some comfort from that.

It is ridiculous that we have to wait so long. This particular grammar school in Surrey refuse to give out scores and, I suspect, it's because they want as many candidates as possible to put them as a choice on the CAF. Then they can continue to bleat about how oversubscribed they are. :lol: