passmark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hillingdonmum

passmark

Post by hillingdonmum »

is 111 the pass mark for slough consortium...my DD got 110, and missed by 1 mark. should i appeal to get her into st bernards, although my first pref was langley...can anyone advice.
stressedparent

Re: passmark

Post by stressedparent »

Hi hilligdonmum,
I am sorry to hear your news.I think you will have a good chance of success if you appeal to st Bernard providing, you are catholic and have already listed them as a preference on your CAF.
stressedparent
chad

Post by chad »

Hi hillingdonmum,
Information on consortium appeals are very sketchy.... if you have listed St Bernards on your CAF then you should be able to appeal for them as well as Langley. You do not HAVE to be catholic to go to St Bernards although you would be higher up the admissions criteria.
If you appeal to a consortium school and win your non-qualification appeal then you will be offered a place.
But.... and it is a big but.....the appeal has to be backed up with excellent academic evidence proving without doubt that the score achieved was not indicative of the childs ability as you are not only trying to prove that the child should have reached the pass mark of 111 but should have surpassed it comfortably.

The appeals process is not as clear as in Bucks and there are no figures released to give us an idea of how many appeals were allowed for the consortium schools.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Not sure if this helps at all - and its for Herschel anyway - but our letter with results this week gave the information that 80 appeals were conducted for the school last year, and only 3 were allowed!
hillingdonmum

Post by hillingdonmum »

stressedparent wrote:Hi hilligdonmum,
I am sorry to hear your news.I think you will have a good chance of success if you appeal to st Bernard providing, you are catholic and have already listed them as a preference on your CAF.
:D yeah
hillingdonmum

Post by hillingdonmum »

chad wrote:Hi hillingdonmum,
Information on consortium appeals are very sketchy.... if you have listed St Bernards on your CAF then you should be able to appeal for them as well as Langley. You do not HAVE to be catholic to go to St Bernards although you would be higher up the admissions criteria.
If you appeal to a consortium school and win your non-qualification appeal then you will be offered a place.
But.... and it is a big but.....the appeal has to be backed up with excellent academic evidence proving without doubt that the score achieved was not indicative of the childs ability as you are not only trying to prove that the child should have reached the pass mark of 111 but should have surpassed it comfortably.

The appeals process is not as clear as in Bucks and there are no figures released to give us an idea of how many appeals were allowed for the consortium schools.
do u know any free papers to help my kid for tiffin
she gets 87 or 95 percentage in papers :? do u think she might pass
harrow123

Post by harrow123 »

hillingdonmum wrote:
chad wrote:Hi hillingdonmum,

do u know any free papers to help my kid for tiffin
she gets 87 or 95 percentage in papers :? do u think she might pass
above 90% is good and above 95% is kind of guaranteed for tiffin . but it all depends on cohert
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now