Medway test for current year 5

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Y5 parent

Medway test for current year 5

Post by Y5 parent »

Rumours abound that this is being brought forward to November 2007. Has anyone heard anything concrete about this?
WORRIED

Post by WORRIED »

I contacted Medway council. They will decide in March when the test will be sat - it looks like November 2007
Peter

Year 5 2008

Post by Peter »

Medway Council are currently consulting schools on changing the dates for 2008 entry. Front runner is November 3rd 2007, with results and review sorted by 3 December, enabling parents to apply by 14th December. A crazy scheme as secondary schools would need to be open for parents in December.
WINNIE

Post by WINNIE »

Hi Peter - thanks for the info. Where did you hear about the dates? Can't wait to add looking round secondary schools to the things I have to do in December!!
dandan

Post by dandan »

I called the council this morning and they confirmed it will be November but didn't give a date although said 'early'. They also said that schools will be notified of this after Easter when packs will be sent.

When we as parents officially hear is anyone's guess! :?
ThursdaysGirl

Post by ThursdaysGirl »

What I’ve heard is that the Medway test itself will take place on the 3 November and parents will be informed of the test result on the 16 November. But … don’t quote me on it! <g>
Thursdays Girl. :)
One World, One People, US!
Peter

Post by Peter »

I can confirm that Medway Council has decided to set the eleven plus for 2008 entry on 3rd November 2007. This is to fit in with the new admissions code of practice recommendations that results are recommended to be known before decisions are made. Unfortunately... it has left secondary schools in a bit of a quandary. Do they wait until results and review results are known before holding their open days - December is not a good time!!! or do they hold these before the tests are taken which defeats the purpose of the exercise. It all looks very interesting.

Kent is not proposing any changes of this nature.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now