CATs

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Raza

Post by Raza »

I'm struggling with puttting my appeal together and need all the info and advice I can get my hands on. Can somebody tell me what CATs results are please? :?
thank you
guest5

appeals

Post by guest5 »

My daughter did CATS when she was in Year 7. They are tests given in english and reasoning to assess a childs strengths and weaknesses in various subjects.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Raza

You will find chapter and verse on the NFER Nelson website here:

http://www.nfer-nelson.co.uk/education/ ... 3/cat3.asp

Why are you struggling with the Appeal case? Let us know if you need more help.

Sally-Anne
raza

Post by raza »

Thank you both for the info.
Sally Anne, I am struggling because I cant seem to string a couple of starting sentences together. The letter my frien go from the head was a waste of time, I have since sent him an email for a supportive letter quoting advice given by you and Etienne from this forum, and now Ive been told he will be away until Friday.
Its like my whole life has been possessed and the twins are driving me up the wall. And to add to my anxiety, I am waiting for the allocation of primary places and dont know if my youngest will det into the school that the girls are attending.
Why is this all so complicated. I feel like Im going to have some sort of breakdown. (well I am close to one)
One positive, my GP has actually written a simple to the point factual letter which I think looks good.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Raza

I feel for you so much. I was in a very similar state over my son's appeal, so I can really understand how anxious you are. I have three suggestions to make.

Firstly, take a look at this wonderful post by Etienne - it may help to blow the cobwebs away and get you started:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=1277

Secondly, go for a walk, take a break, eat some chocolate! Try to step back from the whole process for a while, because it's hard to produce anything worthwile when your head is full of cotton wool and anxiety. Perhaps talk to the friend who has been helping you out on this?

Thirdly, take a minute to register on the forum (bottom of the page, you won't get any spam/unsolicitied emails as a result, I promise you) and then I can send you a PM.

I truly believe, after two years of fighting for my son, that "what will be, will be", and worrying yourself sick - literally or metaphorically - won't change anything at all.

Very good luck - please let us know how you're getting on.

Sally-Anne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

great to see you've registered Raza - "you've got mail"!

Have you eaten the chocolate yet? :lol:
Raza

raza

Post by Raza »

living on it, and its showing more than ever before :lol: :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Better than losing weight over the Appeal - that's what happened to me!

Nice to see you're smiling now though. Keep it up! :lol: :lol:

Sally-Anne
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Sally-Anne, I've lost a stone in weight since March 2nd. :( ...I'm not missing it mind you, but I am alarmed at how fast it has come off. :cry:

Raza...I am in a similiar boat - I'm really sorry for what has happened to you. I feel surely you must have a strong case and trust that with help you will get through this and achieve your goals.

I did wonder if I would ever again have a day again without tears. I still haven't managed it yet, but the pain, which was constantly sitting in the middle of my chest is going. I'm still finding it hard to think about anything apart from the appeal though. :?

Spoke to the lady at the LEA today who was polite but very condesending...'ohhh you parents will think you can get your children into that school.'........'oooh yes funny how only parents whose children fail want their papers remarked. They just can't believe their child could possibly fail....'

I was just so hurt by her remarks. Didn't say a word though - could have spoken about my eldest child who is already in the school, could have spoken about my child's academic ability, but what was the point? I just hope the panel do not have a similiar attitude because that would be heartbreaking.

What happened to your son, Sally-Anne?
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

:evil: <------ To the person you spoke to at the LEA!
Me thinks this person went to the same school as our LEA person who answers the phone! Hope its not the one we are trying to get into.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now