Kent Test - how did your school do?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pheasantchick

Kent Test - how did your school do?

Post by pheasantchick »

In today's Kent MEssenger, there are details of all the Maidstone schools and how they performed (I presume other editions will have other local information).

The top four schools are:

1) Hollingbourne (69%)
2) Roseacre (64%)
=3) East Farleigh (62%)
=3) Shernold (62%)
scarlett

Re: Kent Test - how did your school do?

Post by scarlett »

I haven't seen the KM yet and can't find a link on their website, but my son's school is in the West Malling area.His school had a 80 % pass rate and the school is chuffed to bits.....my son's teacher( for year 6 ) who had only had him for 10 days before they took the test told me he only passed because of her !!! :shock: Nothing to do with the years work we did at home to get him from being behind to level 5 !!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Scarlet if your school is a rather small one then 80% is the percentage pass of those who did the test. Figures quoted by PC are for the whole cohort and the state schools with the highest mark was 75% of the intake being none other than Armhest and Selling School. Of the 75% who passed at Armhest an eye watering 62% had a score of more than 405 :shock:

Interestingly the top isnt dominated by West Kent but they do have the highest number of those achieving 405 and more perhaps aiming for the superselectives.

Bodsham Church of England Primary School - 75%
Ryarsh Primary School - 74%
St Nicholas At Wade Church of England Primary School - 71%
Milstead and Frinsted Church of England Primary School - 71%
Bridge and Patrixbourne Church of England Primary School - 70%
Rodmersham School - 70%
Shipbourne Primary School - 67%
Sandgate Primary School - 66%
Tunstall Church of England Primary School - 64%
Roseacre Junior School -63%
Lady Boswell's Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School -63%
Hoath Primary School - 63%
Our Lady of Hartley Catholic Primary School - 61%

Langton Green Primary School -60%
Weald Community Primary School -60%
Hollingbourne Primary School - 60%
East Farleigh Primary School - 60%
St Peter's Catholic Primary School - 59%
Bidborough Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School -57%
Lady Joanna Thornhill Endowed Primary School -57%
Chartham Primary School -56%
Claremont Primary School -55%

Credit - KCC but thanks to the Mole who passed this info down to me a while ago :D

Our school had a pass rate of somewhere between 15% and 20% :( Quite a lot of them sat the test. It just pains me to think some children are just doomed by just having a bad start in a wrong sort of school. Thats why I am so keen now that my DD to get into a fairly decent school. I cant just sit and watch her life going down the drain. I wish I could wisk her out now and travel the world to some exotic destinations waiting for her to start secondary school. I am just fed up with our school and she isnt learning much from there. I dont even want to think where she would be had I not helped her to get to the level she is now.
Impossible is Nothing.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Thanks for putting me straight, Sherry....obv. being a bit dim....yes the 80 % is those who passed...it is a tiny class, so about 60 % of the class, took the test.

I hope everything works out for your daughter, Sherry...the hard work , support and love you have displayed should mean you deserve it to. Just remember that, Sherry.....I'm sure that your daughter will go on to do amazing things with her life because of you.....we don't always have the best starts or everything handed to us on a plate, but that doesn't mean that things won't work out ok.....if we have the determination.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Sherry - your figures are slightly different to mine. Are they last year's results?
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

They are 2010 results. I think the slight difference may just be the way its rounded off.
Impossible is Nothing.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Sherry, that list you gave, was it definitely percentage of the whole year group that it was quoting, or percentage of those that sat it? They're incredibly high if the former.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Yes they are whole year group percentages. If you are just after the pass rate of those who sat the test then Yalding and Stansted (1 child out of 13 sat and passed the test at Stansted hence the 100% pass) are on top with a 100% pass rate. The list would be like this if you are just interested in that

St John's Church of England Primary School Maidstone - 93%
Bishops Down Primary School
St Teresa's Catholic Primary School
Selling Church of England Primary School
Lady Boswell's Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School
St Thomas' Catholic Primary School (Canterbury)
Amherst - 84%

I dont have time to put all the percentages but thats the ranking order pass rate of those who sat the test.
Impossible is Nothing.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

difficult to do comparisons with Kent test as you have to opt in. In some schools very few children would be entered and we have quite a lot of small rural schools. If you have 10 children in year 6 50% would only be 5 children. In an urban 2 form entry school there may be 60+ in year 6 , so 50% would be 30 children.

If only one child in a small school takes the test, then it would show a 100% failure or pass rate!
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Has anyone found this info for Medway schools yet?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now