Cleaning window blinds

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nigs

Cleaning window blinds

Post by nigs »

Does anyone know the easiest way to clean wood venetian and aluminium venetian window blinds. I find cleaning them such a pain - especially aluminium blinds. What do you use?
hermanmunster

Re: Cleaning window blinds

Post by hermanmunster »

I think some people take them down and dunk them in the bath???
nigs

Post by nigs »

Good idea. Will try that - just hope I can get them back on without breaking anything. Had them fitted years ago.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I have two aluminium blinds in the kitchen.

One we put up ourselves and it's very easy to take down and dunk in the bath (gets lovely and clean - add a cup of washing powder then rinse thoroughly).

The other was put up by the joined who put in our kitchen. I can't get them down. Don't know what he's done to them but they are stuck fast. I now close them and dust with a feather duster. If needed I also take a damp cloth to them. Much more fiddly, but they're blue and the dust doesn't half show up :oops: :oops:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I've got a special thing for blinds (suspect it was from the L***land catalogue!). And it's still in it's packet :oops:

My vacuum cleaner has a soft brush attachment and I use that (occasionally).
very occasionally.
scary mum
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

We have large wooden colonial shutters all over our house - so I am an expert in cleaning them!

I have a special tool - it is years old and is 3 thin arms with duster covers over that you can poke through the slats and clean 3 at once - it makes it so much quicker. If they are particularly dirty then I use baby wipes.

I havent seen the one I have sold anywhere but if you look on DIY store websites they do sell them just type in venetian blind cleaners
rachag

Post by rachag »

The chap who fitted my venetian blnids said to turn/angle them closed one way and then the other and wipe with damp microfibre cloth on each side. Prob not that easy for bigger windows.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now