That woman is back !!!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

That woman is back !!!!

Post by scarlett »

I'm afraid I can't post a link, but I notice today in the Daily Mail online is an article with that lady, Shona, who we discussed before re her sending her 2 daughters to private school, even though she couldn't afford petrol for her car. Do you remember ?

She is back telling us how bad it is for our children to participate in activities and they should instead be " faffing around in their bedrooms " She has obviously forgotten that 2 months ago she declared to the world she hadn't a bean to her name, so presumably couldn't afford activities for her children even if she wanted !!

Having said that I do find some children do have, shall we say , a rather tight schedule.........
hermanmunster

Re: That woman is back !!!!

Post by hermanmunster »

she is great one! - bit like the other woman who writes - Liz Jones - moans about lack of money then goes on highly elaborate holidays to South America and then moans about the cost of the car park!
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Yeah but she just abandons her car in the short term car park as she refuses to get on a shuttle bus :-] hence her £800 parking bills ...
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Liz Jones is in the Daily Wail today.........telling everyone about her dimpled old lady bottom :shock:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I have to say that I had never read either of these two women's columns until today.
How on earth do they manage to get paid for writing such, such, such.....well I can't really say as it will get censored. Who actually cares about this woman's bottom? Well ,as one of the reader's comments said , she does, as she and the other columnist seem to spend a lot of time talking out of it.

Sorry - that was a little rude but really :shock: ....I wonder what their salaries are.I could do better and I can't write, but there again nor can they!
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Well if Liz Jones has a £1.8m farm to sell, she must be raking it in; she seems very prolific. For some reason I am drawn to her Sunday slot in the You magazine, I hate myself for it :-] she's so annoying!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

There seems to be a sudden outbreak of femail "journalists" writing articles on all manner of inane subjects in all the dailies... I often wonder whether their friends recognize themselves in such articles. :roll:
Marylou
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

There does seem to be a sudden rash of female journalists who appear to rate "dignity" lower on their personal list of desirable attributes than say "leprosy" (there's good money in leprosy - if you write an article about it...).

Mike
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think they are trying to appear down to earth and " normal " when we all know they are not.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

My dd has expressed an interest in being a journalist - how real it is, we'll find out (eventually).

I would hope if she did go down that career path, she would become a 'serious' journalist. Then again, like all the rubbish tv, if no-one watched it, they wouldn't make it - ergo, if no-one read the columns, no-one would get to write them!

They must have some use surely? Lighting fires for instance :lol: