St Pauls Offers

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JGBallard

St Pauls Offers

Post by JGBallard »

Does anyone knwo how many places there are for ST Pauls and how many girsl the interview for these. I know they used to interview all girls before exam...but I am wondering - as they placed so much emphasis on interviews in the past does this mean they will still interview many more girls than they can offer places to?
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

/
Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hopeforthebest

Post by hopeforthebest »

/
Last edited by hopeforthebest on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sgcmum

Re: St PAULS OFFERS

Post by sgcmum »

Hi Hopeforthebest,

I think i get it.some of the really hard to get into indies in london are way better than grammar schools.and different skill sets are required to get into indies and grammar.some kids have all of those and some don't.
as a parent who has to choose between the two(hopefully) could you please shed some light on the 'they are more concerned about the journey through education than the outcome' bit.
iam keen to know the difference between top indies in london and the top superselectives in london in this (journey thru education) respect.
anyone else with inputs please,your thoughts as well.

sgcmum.
emmalulu

Post by emmalulu »

hi hopeforthebest
from someone who has interviewed for secondary schools do you have any advice for my ds
he is a shy quiet boy and all help would be greatly appreciated
what do they look for ??
please help
thank you
Dexmum

Post by Dexmum »

HFTB, What do you think is the best way for parents to learn about IGCSEs vs GCSEs. I am getting a bit confused and my prep is useless at helping.
asha

Post by asha »

According to Vicki Webber at the Admissions Office at SPGS:

IGCSEs are only offered in English and Foreign Languages although "this might change" (ie they are considering IGCSEs in other subjects).

Godolphin and Latymer for what it's worth offer IGCSEs in most subjects, notable exceptions being Art and Music.

A friend's daughter at SPGS was going to the US for college so didn't work her ass off for her AS Levels (her offer was not subject to top A Level grades). The school made her life absolutely miserable as it affected their League Table results and so had to repeat her AS Level modules till she got As.

Food for thought?
vmd1

Post by vmd1 »

Back to the original question. Does anybody know how many they invited back for interviews?. From people I have talked to seems to be a 1 in 3 invite ratio ( from a very small sample )
hermanmunster

Re: St Pauls Offers

Post by hermanmunster »

HFTB... just a note, the schools are usually described as GRAMMAR.
Loopyloulou

Re: St Pauls Offers

Post by Loopyloulou »

...or INDEPENDENT :wink: ...
Loopy
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now