EHS INTERVIEW

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
firsttimermum

EHS INTERVIEW

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi, DD and DDs parents have an interview at Edgbaston high tonight......I knoW last minute but cmputer had crashed !! Just wondering if anyone has any experience re the school. What do they ask the girls /parents ? They have asked to bring in something to talk about ...what did people take ????

Help!! We don't really have any clue of what to expect...so any advice would be fantastic !!

FTM
BB248

Re: EHS INTERVIEW

Post by BB248 »

My experience is a little out of date, but here it is for what it is worth: The experience was very relaxed & informal, taking place on the sofas & arm chairs in Dr Week's study. DD took along a picture she'd drawn of a rural scene, but I sense that the object is only to be used as an icebreaker, should conversation prove difficult. DD doesn't remember talking about her work of art, which is probably just as well as art is NOT her forte! She was asked if she knew any girls at the school, or knew anything about it, but otherwise it was just general stuff, like what's your fav subject at school, what do you like best about your current school. Parents interview followed & was similarly relaxed. We too were asked about whether we knew children / families at the school, and whether we had any questions. Have something prepared for that, even if it's only about pastoral issues (eg how they integrate "outsiders" etc etc).

BTW other candidates took in ballet shoes, also saw some pet photos, a small cup or trophy. Anything your DD could say something about would be just the ticket, I'm sure.

Good luck.

Another point: There is no separate scholarship interview, or there didn't used to be one. This is, or was, the only interview. My DD didn't know she was up for a scholarship & I think it made her more relaxed not knowing that. If you want to get any info over to the school, this might be a good time.
DadTutor

Post by DadTutor »

firsttimermum wrote:Hi, DD and DDs parents have an interview at Edgbaston high tonight......I knoW last minute but cmputer had crashed !! Just wondering if anyone has any experience re the school. What do they ask the girls /parents ? They have asked to bring in something to talk about ...what did people take ????

Help!! We don't really have any clue of what to expect...so any advice would be fantastic !!

FTM
Good luck...I have been told they try and make these interviews informal, to try and get an idea of the childs personality.
rachag

Post by rachag »

I went last year - exactly as BB248 says above. Couldn't put it any better.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now