Habs Girls interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pushy Dad

Habs Girls interviews

Post by Pushy Dad »

Has anyone received a letter inviting their daughter for an interview?

My daughter sat the entrance exam last Wednesday so its probably too early to read anything into the fact that we haven't received a letter yet but the original letter that went out said that girls would be short listed and that the interviews would start on the 20th i.e. tomorrow.
HBShope

Re: Habs Girls interviews

Post by HBShope »

I would of thought by the end of the week
Josa

Post by Josa »

A friend's dd got her letter today.
dduck

Post by dduck »

Hi - we've had no news yet and getting slightly worried. do you know when the last day of interviews are. I'm hoping they are giving girls same amount of notice - seems like a couple of days - otherwise not looking good.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Hello, I am not worrying yet. We sat St Albans five days before Habs and we got the lettter 3 days ago, so still 2 days to go and Habs has twice, perhaps three times as many sit at St A, so many more papers to mark and interviews to organise. We did not have our interview until second week in Feb last year and they ended up emailing slots because they got so behind with the letters. And on what those mothers said about at least 10% getting 100% that is just rubbish. There will be lots of silly mistakes and I would not have thought anyone would get full marks, let alone 10%. My elder dd got 92% in one of her Maths exams last year and she said it was the easiest paper she had ever sat but she still obviously made some silly errors. There are some really really bright children out there but not that many of them so there are plenty of spaces for those who worked hard and tried hard and I am sure your dd is one of those. My dd sat eight exams this year and elder dd sat nine last year so it is many of the same girls sitting and they can only go to one school. But it is so very hard when it is the school you really really want. See my posts just before March last year and you will see how I lost the plot and had the true agony of waiting to hear about the school that we had always really wanted, trying to convince myself that we would be fine with our second choice. Hlope we all hear today and then we can get on with getting ready for the interview. My dd was asked lots of add up the items in a supermarket questions in her interview last year so you can busy yourself by testing your dd with that. She got them wrong and still got an offer! DG
Pushy Dad

Post by Pushy Dad »

I got an email from Habs girls today. Yay! At least I don't have to park myself by the front door mat while I wait for the Saturday morning post :-)
coffeemorning

Post by coffeemorning »

Is it just me or is this waiting around for Habs to decide, a sign of things to come? St Albans High School for Girls were very organised, I think everyone got letters about the same time? However, HABS girls.....you might get a letter, some may be e-mail, some may be called up with a days notice. I'm starting to think my DD may be a statistic?
dduck

Post by dduck »

We got a phone call today for an interview next Wed. I asked if they would send out letters but apparently they just ring to make mutually convenient appointments.

Daogroupie - Thank you - you always make me feel better. I seem to be surrounded by really odd women who think their dds can walk into any school they chose. But bless my dd she's got interviews at all the schools she sat for - so now let's see what happens. Do you know how long the habs interview lasts - I got a bit flustered and forgot to ask!

Good luck to everyone - I hope our dds get their 1st choice wherever that may be.
Pushy Dad

Post by Pushy Dad »

The email said that the child will see a senior member and then a second member of staff, and that the interview will take 30min.

On the subject of lack of notice, we got a letter from Habs Boys inviting my son (I got boy/girl twins) to the music audition on Monday.
ricke

Post by ricke »

We got an email today as well, same contents as Pushy Dad. Got an interview letter from NLCS as well today, really happy and proud of DD.

Congrats to all those who got letters as well :D

Regards

Ricke