5 weeks to go!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bustwinks

5 weeks to go!

Post by bustwinks »

Thats' it really, only 5 more weeks of this waiting game, then we will all know where are DC's will be going to school!

My DD is not concerened much at all at the moment, more interested in swimming in the county compettions which fall slap bang in the middle of getting 11+ results, lets just hope we get the desired results, or else it could also put her off her swimming !! :evil:

Good luck to all, only Feburary to go now !!
rubyhettybetty

Re: 5 weeks to go!

Post by rubyhettybetty »

But then the whole appeals saga will probably commence - not looking forward to it at all!!!
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Hi rubyhettybetty.

We have already decided that if DD dosen't get in we will not be appealing, dont know if this is the right decision, but one that we have made.

Good luck to you.
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Ah well - luckily here in Medway, we've had our results so we know she passed - it's just whether we get our 1st choice or 2nd choice school. We will probably appeal if we don't get out 1st choice, I don't see a reason why not tbh...
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

you are very lucky, my DD took exam in November!
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

DD mentioned 11 plus for the first time since before Christmas! She and a friend (both of whom took the exam and both of whom are probably borderline cases) were talking about it when they came out of ballet class today. The friend suprised me with the comment, "I'm glad we had so long to wait to get the results after the exam" and DD straight away agreed, "Yes, you can't keep worrying for all that length of time so you just forget about it."

I wish we parents could do the same ...
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Only 2 weeks to go now !!!! :shock:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Bustwinks....so are you waiting to find out if your dd passed as well as which school ? I feel quite relaxed as I know my son passed with a good score so has a wider range of gs available....hope I won't be in for a shock on the first of March !!! We put down 3 grammars all of which have something positive going for them and a church school which I also wouldn't collapse and die if he happened to be given that instead.....

my ds however only wants to go to one particular school because his best friend goes there already, so he will be pretty upsept if he doesn't get his first choice :(
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Hi Scarlett, Waiting to see if she has passed, however I have heard from previous years that they can pass and still not get in !! 162 places for about 400 + girls who took the exam, so basically its the top 162 girls who get in !!! :cry:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

No wonder you're on tenterhooks ! :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now