11 plus primary school league tables

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Old trout

11 plus primary school league tables

Post by Old trout »

Hi All
Does anybody know where I can view the primary school 11 Plus results for the last few years on Wirral, I need state and independent schools please.

Thanks OT
guest43

Re: 11 plus primary school league tables

Post by guest43 »

Hi there. To my knowledge that information is not available. However viewing the KS result league tables will give you a good idea. Schools at the top (ie Heswall St Peters, Oxton St Saviours) will achieve 90%+ pass rate. Those near the bottom 0%.

As far as private schools are concerned (Redcourt, Avalon, Prenton, Birkenhead Prep)they will tell you if you ask I'm sure. Last time I looked Redcourt were quoting 100%. Note some pupils at Birkenhead won't bother with the 11+ if they have been offered a place in the Senior School.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

a lot of the private school websites will give the destination of leavers and if it is impressive, the other exams passed by the kids - you won't get a true percentage as you don't know how many took it.

Redcourt sent 16 to St Anselm's and 13 to Upton Hall last year - not sure whether this involved exams

Prenton say 92% + indies - still not sure how many took the test

Avalon give their's here http://avalon-school.co.uk/parents/academic-results/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(note they say all who took indie exams were offered a place - this will be by very careful choice of school...)
guest43

Post by guest43 »

FYI to the best of my knowledge the Redcourt pupils will have had to take the 11+ equivalent exams for Upton and St Anselm's. Although Redcourt and St Anselm's are closely related, Redcourt is not state funded and St Anselm's is. This presumably rules out any straight transfers (BPS to BS for example).
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Thanks- sounds like the St Anselm's transfers will have done a test - wasn't aware of what the entrance reqs were for there
Old trout

Post by Old trout »

Thanks for your prompt replies. It is interesting that Redcourt and St Anselms have come up in the answers, as I am considering moving my son to Red Court for years 5 and 6 and wondered how likely he would then be to get into St Anselms.
Regards OT
guest43

Post by guest43 »

Basically Avalon, Prenton and Redcourt exist for the 11+ and will devote much time and effort to it. That's not to say it's impossible to fail!

It is worth saying that the entrance exam for St Anselms is not 11+ in style (tho Upton Hall is), so Redcourt may not be so good for Calday/Wirral as Avalon/Prenton.
3pink

Post by 3pink »

guest43 wrote:Basically Avalon, Prenton and Redcourt exist for the 11+ and will devote much time and effort to it. That's not to say it's impossible to fail!

It is worth saying that the entrance exam for St Anselms is not 11+ in style (tho Upton Hall is), so Redcourt may not be so good for Calday/Wirral as Avalon/Prenton.
This is true however Birkenhead School will teach them the maths which is required certainly on the Upton Hall papers which simply is not taught until after the 11+ in state schools.
My daughter had completed the Upton exam after 30 mins whilst her old classmates from state were scratching their heads as the poor souls hadn't been taught what was on the paper despite being tutored.

Have you looked around St Anselms ? It's very how can I put this ... Catholic, you really wouldn't go there unless you were devote.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

the 'poor souls' from State schools and oh, how can I put this nicely...catholic 3pink, sorry to say, you do sound a little, oh how and I put this ...patronising
guest43

Post by guest43 »

so it looks like I can't tell my DD's joke about the new "University" "Academy" (aka Park High)!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now