Which NVR book now?

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aliportico

Which NVR book now?

Post by aliportico »

I didn't get to this stage this early with DD1, but the younger kids have all been doing Bond NVR for fun (and VR, but that's not so much fun!) for ages now. DS is 10, and I'm hoping he'll be sitting the entrance test this November. He's just finished the Bond 4th papers (10-11+) NVR book, getting good marks all the way through. I have (leftover from DD1!) a pack of Bond 11+ NVR test papers and 3 out of the 4 (what was then) Letts NFER NVR papers, so he can do them now or nearer the time.

I could just get the book of Fifth Papers, but I'd be quite happy to have a change if there's a better option :) I know there are other books available, but I've never used any of them and so would really appreciate recommendations? Thanks :)
stevew61

Re: Which NVR book now?

Post by stevew61 »

Bond NVR ten minute tests 10-11+ and 11-12+ are a good next step.

For problem areas AE NVR How to Do can help.

The download NVR CD and e-papers from the shop on this site are very good, use the Eleven Plus Exams type.

Last year the Reading exam reasoning paper was a mixed VR/NVR, contained about 25 NVR questions DS2 said straight forward but used some different shapes and symbols, so worth looking at alternative NVR......... :)