Warwick School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
no_ball

Warwick School

Post by no_ball »

DS awarded scholarship at this school following exam and interview. Not bad at all..
Rugbymum

Re: Warwick School

Post by Rugbymum »

Well done! :D
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Thank you, Solihull school sending letters out tomorrow. Waiting to hear if he got a scholarship there or not.
King Henry VIII out last weekend too, got in there too.

Now just the grammars results to come out in a few weeks time. How time flies,
Preston

Post by Preston »

What % scholarship, out of interest?

We are looking at both schools, and there seems to be a bit of a don't ask/don't tell culture when it comes to scholarship levels. :?

We need to know so as to strategically plan our finances.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Super news! We were very impressed with the school and the lovely head (Edward Halse?) and know that our son would have been happy there. We ended up rejecting the place due to distance though.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

We live in Solihull and there us a bus that takes 35mins to get to Warwick school, not too bad. Looks like a great school. The amount of the award I would prefer to keep to ourselves. I may ask the school what the max amount that can be awarded is? Does anyone know how many awards are given ?
pipdav

Post by pipdav »

I thought this forum was for sharing information about helping your children to get into a good school. It's pretty much anonymous so people won't really know your individual circumstances. If we all just post the news about our ds or dd getting into a school it will just become a mutual back patting forum and no help to people needing information. Schools will always say what the maximum award is - it's good marketing after all. What people need to know is what the typical award is, and this can only be determined if people share information.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Welcome to the forum pipdav. It may be that no_ball feels disinclined to share information about the scholarship for a number of reasons that may make them more easily identifiable in some way. I agree that sharing of information is useful, but it's not a requirement of the forum.
Ed's Mum.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

Thank you Ed's mum. I didn't realise advertising an amount of an award could help a child into a school or not, :lol:
Anyways, for those that have shared our journey for the past year or so, many thanks for the mutual advice and support. Good luck to those about to embark.
jn316

Post by jn316 »

Scholarships at Warwick School are no more than 20% of the annual school fee. The full fees for a non-boarding pupil are currently 10,100 - so the max discount you would get based on that fee from a scholarship would be 2,020 per school year.

Interestingly, Warwick School have been slowly reducing the value and number of their scholarships for new entrants over the years whilst the fees have increased year on year.