Policy for 11+ exam for Ilford County High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shagor21

Policy for 11+ exam for Ilford County High School

Post by shagor21 »

Hi, I am totally new in this forum and learning day by day with supports from all of you. I am planning for my son & want him to appear for the 11+ exam for Ilford County High School in the Redbridge area in year 2012.

Do I need to live in Redbridge area or near the school (catchment area) in order to apply for admission test?
Can any one apply for exam in 2 different schools, Ilford County & Woodford County?

I have many other questions but at this moment I will wait for reply for my 1st query.

Thanks in advance.
SC
muffinmonster

Re: Policy for 11+ exam for Ilford County High School

Post by muffinmonster »

Ilford County High is a boys' school and Woodford County High is a girls' school, so there's no point in applying for both!

You don't need to live in the catchment area in order to apply, but both grammar schools are very much oversubscribed (about 850 applicants for 120 places, in both schools), so although it is theoretically possible for an out-of-catchment child to get a place, in practice it never happens.

I see you have also posted asking about 11+ study materials. I have a few packs of VR and NVR papers - I will make a list of what I've got an PM you later.
shagor21

Post by shagor21 »

Thank you for the reply. I admit that I made a mistake of taking example of Woodford Conty School. I should ask, can anyone apply for exam for 2 different schools? Assuming different schools have different exam days. Thanks and waiting for list of books if they are helpful for Ilford County High School.
RAB321

Post by RAB321 »

Yeah you can apply for as many as you like - theoretically!

But its good to have a list of preference.

We have applied for : Forest School, Bancroft and Woodford County.
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

muffinmonster wrote:Ilford County High is a boys' school and Woodford County High is a girls' school, so there's no point in applying for both!

You don't need to live in the catchment area in order to apply, but both grammar schools are very much oversubscribed (about 850 applicants for 120 places, in both schools), so although it is theoretically possible for an out-of-catchment child to get a place, in practice it never happens.

I see you have also posted asking about 11+ study materials. I have a few packs of VR and NVR papers - I will make a list of what I've got an PM you later.
shagor21 apologies for hijacking your thread,
muffinmonster, could you please pm me the list as well?
I am also looking for a good tutor for woodford Girls , if you have any recommendations please pm me?
rkk101

Post by rkk101 »

from what I know, you have to live in LB Redbridge for Ilford Grammar, and in Redbridge, or Waltham Forest for woodford,
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now