Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gettingnervous

Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Post by gettingnervous »

Hi there. I live in Solihull and completed the secondary school application form online for DS for entry this year. There was an option on the application asking whether I would like email confirmation of secondary school allocation, to which I ticked yes. Does anyone know when Solihull LEA send out these email confirmations ? I'm hearing various different things, from midnight on 28th Feb to 5pm on 2nd March ! :? Hoping DS will get into one of the grammars, but wait is driving me nuts (and probably a lot of others too !)
mitasol

Re: Only 2.5 weeks to go....

Post by mitasol »

I can't find any reference to email confirmations in the admissions booklet -which is where you usually find the information. I would email the admissions team and ask, otherwise you'll end up refreshing your inbox for 24 hours! :shock:
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi, DS took exam last year and we received the email at about 12.06 just after midnight... that is Bham LA However having said, there was a leak online and everyone had access to results by logging on and checking printer friendly version of application !!!!

Good luck ! DD has taken the exam this year and although not as bad as last year, and totally trying to forget D-day is looming...it is finally hitting me. Luckily we have a family wedding on 25-26th Feb !

FTM
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

Thanks for the replies - first time for me - I'm finding myself logging onto the LEA website daily in case I can find a leak somewhere and also weird and wonderful ways of trying to get them to give me any sort of clue as to how DS has done - do I sound obsessed lol I don't know how you got through last year firsttimermum !
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

Mitasol, you're right I probably will be refreshing every minute :lol: I heard the Birmingham LA is just after midnight but not sure if the same applies to Solihull - I really hope it does !
Kay3

Post by Kay3 »

Hi Gettingnervous, you stated you are from Solihull I ama also from Solihull. Did you have a private tutor for your son/daughter? :)
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

maybe because we live in solihull they think we are loaded and that we will be sending our DC in indies?
gettingnervous

Post by gettingnervous »

Hi Kay3, yes we did have a tutor for 1 hour a week, although I did a lot of it myself. 1st March (or whenever we get to find out in Sol !) will be the true teller of whether I was actually productive / counterproductive !! My first time going through this process so I can't yet decide how good the tutor is.....

Hi no_ball :lol: probably ! How wrong ! My DS does go to indie primary at the moment, but there is no way on earth I would be able to afford Indie secondary education for another 7 years, not with another DC going through the same revolting process in 3 years' time ! Only 2 weeks to go.........
fm

Post by fm »

I don't think you can measure a tutor's worth by whether your child gains entry or not. In your case, if your child does or does not succeed, you would not know whether it was down to the independent school, your work, your tutor's work or your child's natural intelligence.

Oddly enough some of my most appreciative parents have been ones whose child did not pass. They judged me on their child's improvement before the result rather than blaming me for any shortfall afterwards, and wisely did not judge their child at all.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'd just like to say in advance that if our daughter doesn't pass I'll be pinning the blame firmly on her, her tutors, the school, her mother and her schoolfriends. It will be like an Oscars speech only in reverse. I'm composing it already.

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now