Is anyone (else) losing it yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
morrisdancingmummy

Is anyone (else) losing it yet?

Post by morrisdancingmummy »

Hi all.
Just wondering if I am the only one whose blood pressure is starting to reach danger levels? :P Or are the rest of you out there cool as cucumbers? 8)
If you are feeling a bit stressed too as the March 1st Deadline approaches please let me know. It will make me feel SO much better!
Thanks
capers123

Re: Is anyone (else) losing it yet?

Post by capers123 »

My head is slowly increasing in size with the blood pumping into it.

To settle the problem, I'll go to an all-weekend morris practice near Exeter (well, all day Saturday, evening at Great Western Ceilidh, Sunday dance out), getting ready for our Sidmouth booking. Last rehearsal for that side was in Croydon - we get to see some exotic places do us morris dancers.

Following weekend is IVFDF (Inter Varsity Folk Dance Festival) at Bristol. I'm teaching a couple of workshops & we'll be dancing as well. DD's will be occupied in Chippenham at their own workshops, though they're getting shipped to IVFDF to do a spot in an evening dance.

Last night was a trip to see Penguin Cafe at Bristol - appropriate as my other team had spent all last Saturday working up a new dance to a PCO tune.

So that covers the weekends.

It's the week days that get me.
Capers
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

I feel sick,can't concentrate or settle to any tasks. :? :roll: I don't understand why as I am 99.9% sure which school Ds1 will be offered. I am just trying not to let it show for him. :lol:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

I WAS totally cool.
We've had a busy old few weeks/mths!
The husband has had cancer diagnosed and (successfully!)treated since Christmas so that's all been a little mad :!:

This last few days its crept back in again..now I'm just willing the days away till....hmmm...I don't even know really!
I still count ourselves lucky that we should,almost certainly, get an STRS place,possibly a Pate's one-that's more than I dared hope this time last year.

I'm just hoping that DS1 gets what I know he wants deep down.
If not-he'll be fine and so will I.
I'm a great believer in Fate.

Can you tell that's been my mantra?chanting it in my sleep I think.....

Good luck all-almost there!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Oh, and I've been doing a lot of sewing to keep my mind off-topic. Pleats on the front of a dress-shirt are not something I ever thought I'd need to do, nor learnt to do. Busy tacking them in at work.
Capers
morrisdancingmummy

Thank you all!
I am very reassured to hear that I am not the only one......
Find myself repeating the old Chestnut " She's a bright girl, she'll be FINE wherever she goes" just like her teacher did.....
Busy planning fantastic (secret) trip to somewhere amazing for Dd1 and DD2 at May half term to keep my mind occupied (and keep me off this forum). Luckily lots of forums related to trip I have planned too!

Only 12 days left......

If anyone has any " i was so distracted by it all I........." stories I'm sure we'd all love to hear them.

Or any other distraction techniques (that don't involve sewing!)

I am off to Morris dancing in a few minutes for some good healthy stick banging!
morrisdancingmummy

Milla

Post by Milla »

Just to reassure mothers of boys - with one at STRS and one at Pate's, getting Tommy's really isn't the short straw. Had a fantastic Y9 parents' evening there and the teachers are so caring and we came away with such a good feeling about it all - and DS1 and his friends won't even think of moving at 6th form - that had to reassure that if you get it, you shouldn't regret it .... I know there's the travelling thing which is a bore, but as a school, it's not second best. You get a better sense of how your child is doing with the order grades each half term (Pate's you get order grades at Christmas, a parents' evening in this term and then exam results and a report in the summer, I think).
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Thanks Milla :wink:
Defo not the short straw IMO aside from the logistical aspect.

Almost there...
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

I am sorry to hear about the hard few months that you have had Mumintewkes,but,really pleased to hear that your OH is on the mend. We are decorating D'ds bedroom at the moment so that should keep me occupied for a while,although dh thinks he may have it finished by Mon! :cry: I will have to think of another project to keep me busy :wink:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now