Now, what is everyone up to for Half term ? Ideas needed !!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Now, what is everyone up to for Half term ? Ideas needed !!

Post by scarlett »

My 6 year old reminded me today that it was half term next week ( I was thinking it was the following week :oops: ) and I've not planned anything.My husband has now decided to take the week off, so will need to get out of the house at least once a day.Any ideas ? What is everyone else up to ?
Snowdrops

Re: Now, what is everyone up to for Half term ? Ideas needed

Post by Snowdrops »

We is going to London for 5 days :D :D

We shall be visiting the likes of St Paul's Cathedral (never been there). The Tower of London (been loads, but dd wants to go again). Wellington Arch and Apsley House (never been there and they are EH places so free to members). DD wants to go shopping in Oxford Street, but I'm not so keen and will try to direct her elsewhere. We shall also visit the Natural History as well as the Victoria and Albert Musem. If we have time we will also visit the Imperial War Museum (again :D :D :D ). Finally, we will be going to see War Horse at the National Theatre in Drury Lane :D :D :D :D :D :D :D (I'm VERY pleased about that one!).

It was either that or just slob around at home as usual :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Snowdrops on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Wow.... a busy week ahead , Snowdrops...I think you will deserve on day to slob around ! I had booked ages ago to take everyone to see " Georges Marvellous Medicine " at the theatre, but bizarrely that is the week after half term...which is why I was probably confused by the dates.

We have been to the musems quite a lot ( esp the War one ) and at half term they are always packed :( I fancy the toy museum that used to be in Bethnal Green ....think it is somewhere else now...shall have to look.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Scarlett, why don't you visit York for a couple of days, then you could go to the toy museum there.

Oh, and there's one in Edinburgh too (I luuuuuuurve Edinburgh - must be 'cos my granddad and everyone back from him came from there :D ).
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

With the prospect of school fees looming, the centerparc last minute price was enough to pay a whole months worth, so I gave in to my daughters pleading for a caravan experience..on the basis it was almost a 10th of the price! Plenty to do nearby, only downside is the weather forecast. Well that and the fact that DH thinks we may need tatoo transfers to blend in...how narrow minded. He'll have to get used to it pretty quick, could be a regular half term from here on :shock:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Well I think you should put your feet up Scarlett while hubby takes them all out on a survival exercise. This is their chance to get fit, ready for more of those health days.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you have been in cahoots with my hubby, Mystery....he has announced that we should all go camping for the week ! :(

I can't put my feet up because he will be at home for the week and we always have to be busy....I shall have to hide the laptop in the bathroom for my daily fix of this forum !!

I'm stressed again about my daughter as she has come home crying and saying she thinks she is bottom of the class...may have to spend the whole week hothousing her ! :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

:cry: What has that school done to make her feel like that? From what you have described of her she clearly is not, or should not be, bottom of the class.
emsy

Post by emsy »

We can't have family days out this half term as here in Trafford half the schools have this week off and half next week - my children have different weeks (one primary, one secondary) and I know a lot of other people with the same problem. Even Loreto (the girls' catholic grammar) and St Ambrose (the boys' catholic grammar) have different weeks. Is it just here or do other areas have the same problem?
mystery

Post by mystery »

No it's not like that in other areas. They do it in Trafford to reduce the number of shoplifters in the Trafford Centre at any one time.