Ooooh really weird

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Freya

Ooooh really weird

Post by Freya »

Right that's it I'm convinced . . . we are being watched and listened to in our homes. Nowhere is safe!

Last night DH and I were discussing taking a weeks holiday in southern Spain as it's somewhere we've never been. We talked about wanting self catering, getting out and about to see surrounding towns, maybe popping over to Morocco and maybe letting DS bring a friend.

This morning I received a phone call from a company telling me we had been selected to receive a special promotional price on a weeks holiday . . . to southern Spain. The rep mentioned it would be self catered, easy to pop over to Morocco and excursions to nearby towns put on. She even mentioned DS being able to bring a friend for no extra cost. :shock: :shock:

<eyes computer suspiciously and tries to figure out how a conversation could be tapped into over the broadband> :shock: :shock:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
hermanmunster

Re: Ooooh really weird

Post by hermanmunster »

did you do any surfing on the net last night in relation to the trip?
Freya

Post by Freya »

We did but only to show DS a map of whereabouts we were thinking of going. Oh and DH used Google images to show him the architecture in various towns.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

very spooky....
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Star checking your lights/lamps for bugs - oh and don't forget to look inside your telephones! :shock: :shock: :lol:
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

You only have to watch CSI to see that internet techies can watch us through our webcams - when they are switched off! :shock: :x :scared emoticon:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Tipsy, surely you must know to cover your room in tin foil and put a colander on your head, that will stop those 'waves' getting in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and brown paper at the windows :D
Freya

Post by Freya »

Right - have looked these people up and they are a hard sell time share operation! 'Club La Costa'.

Am sitting here with my colander on my head!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

May still be worth is - depends how determined you can be not to let them take up time! We own a 2 week timeshare which we exchange to go lots of different places. A few years ago we exchanged into Malta - but could only get one week as an exchanged and we like a 2 week holiday! So the second week I booked as one of these 'cheap holidays - but with a compulsory time share sell!' We went to the selling session at a time to suit us - and were out within 20minutes - husband explained very politely but very firmly that we were not in the least bit interested in buying any more weeks - they realised they would be completely wasting their own time - so we left! Worth 20 mins for - from memory - a week in an appartment either completely free or at under £100 cost for the whole family! :D :D :lol:

But you can end up having to be quite rude to escape - so bear that in mind when deciding!!!! 8)

Incidently - you can often buy the timeshares much much cheaper online when people are getting rid - always useful knowledge to have when they start telling you how good their prices are!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

When we were desperately strapped for cash after our daughter was born we allowed ourselves to be lured into one of those "free" holidays in return for tolerating an attempt to sell us a time share. We had to pay a certain amount to go where we wanted when we wanted, and I imagine for a hire car (can't remember now) but we ended up with a week on a nice little island in the Med for four of us for £300 in June half term - self catering apartment and Ford Focus.

We had to endure an attempt to sell us a time share beforehand and another session one afternoon while we were there. The first lot were very half-hearted and gave up almost immediately (apparently when they ask you what sort of holiday you enjoy, you say "camping" or something similar), gave us our paperwork to claim the holiday and homed in on the easier targets in something very like a feeding frenzy. The bunch overseas were far more determined (I think they expect you to be feeling guilty about freeloading on them for a week) but our rioting kids broke up the session for us after about an hour.

I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday, and it was very good value... 8)

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now